Drafts (pt. 2)

"Found you in my dreams, see you in the morning."— convolk, lonewolf

__

THEM

__

JETJAMESON HAD ALWAYS been troubling. She was a walking contradiction. Quick to anger, but filled with guilt whenever she did something wrong. A natural genius, but one with the shortest attention span he had ever seen. She loved doing nothing, but would also spend four hours straight perfecting a trick on her skateboard. She was a self-proclaimed dumbass and a walking dictionary at the same time. A total mess of wayward genius and spiraling emotions.

He never voiced the thought, but Tony always wondered if she would ever grow up. She was entering her last year of high school— after skipping two grades —but she didn't seem to actually care about any of it. Jet was reckless and childish, too much like her dad. And he hated it, just a little bit.

Then, the Avengers banded together. They saved the city, while his daughter stayed behind, safe and sound in a SHIELD bunker. She was bitter about it, angry at being overlooked. It didn't matter if she got to meet the Captain America or that it was surprising none of them had died in the process. Jet wanted to be seen. It shouldn't have been a surprise when she left.

A couple of months after the Battle of New York, she just disappeared. A note on her door proclaimed that she was going to train— she didn't say where or for how long. She just left.

His fifteen-year-old daughter had run off.

He didn't hear from her after that. Holidays and birthdays passed, he hacked satellites and security feeds, but there wasn't a single trace of her left anywhere.

His daughter had vanished.

__