Drafts (Pt. 5)

ASGARD OC

I WASN'T SURE WHAT HAPPENED, IF I'M BEING HONEST. I was a idiot, I realized that. It was confusing how I ended up here— wherever here was. Odin— I was so stupid.

Pushing myself to my feet, I winced. My palms— once protected by stiff leather —were bare and torn. I was so weak— barely an Asgardian. Frowning, I looked around, spotting my spear a few feet away. Well, not so much my spear as a member of the guard's . . . though, technically, it was property of Asgard and I was an Asgardian. Picking up the golden weapon, I assessed my surroundings. Everything was . . . hazy. The burned ground surrounding me made me wince. The method of transportation was efficient, but not very discrete.

A loud boom echoed from behind me.

"You dare lie to me? No mere mortal like you could break a piece of Asgardian weaponry."

"Asgard? You some pansy Goddess?"

I scowled at the raccoon. "No— I'm a— . . . nobody. Nobody important."

"You got a name, kid?" The man asked, looking at me oddly.

"Villi— call me Villi. I'm a merchant from Asgard."

"Really?" He faltered, staring at me for a moment. I scowled, but he just stared. "You know a woman named Lofn?" (Loff-nen)

"The Princess. She's— she died. Many years ago." I faltered in my glare, looking at my boots as his face fell slightly.

"How? I mean, the last I saw her, she was— "

"Childbirth. She died giving birth," I cleared my throat, looking anywhere but at the sad man. "She was my. . . my princess. Her and the baby both died."

At the lack of response, I hesitantly looked back at the man.

He was staring at me. I frowned, cracking my knuckles uncomfortably. "So you grew up with your father, then— this merchant guy?"

"I've never met my father." I confessed. "I was raised by my grandparents and uncles. I'm a bastard."

"Oh. Oh. I mean, that's not bad— it's not a bad thing, you know? So am I, and look how I turned out— "

"Middle-aged fan of earth music from before I was even born?" I . . . joked. I joked. Huh.

__
SPACE THINGS
__
END:

"So, how did you know my mother?"

"We— . . . " He shrugged, clearing his throat, "She wanted to go to this Weapon's Forge, and hitched a ride with me,"

I narrowed my eyes, "You aren't telling me something."

"You know, you're like a human lie detector, kid. You could be a detective or something."

"What's a detective?"

__

Quill let out a short laugh. "You really suck at the whole God thing, you know that right?"

__

"Villi, enjoying yourself?"

I cocked my head, staring at Ego. "Not really. This place is like a crappy version of Asgard. Without the Ale. And the fighting."

Peter raised an eyebrow. "They let you— you drank? You drank?"

I scoffed, "It's pretty easy to sneak mead when the Warrior's Three get drunk enough. But no, I just stole it for the sake of stealing. Same reason I took this watch."

I held out the device that I had slipped from him earlier. Tossing it to him, I turned back to Ego. "You know, Peter says I'm a human lie detector. I'm awesome at catching liars."

Without another word, I left the room.

__

"Peter?"

"Yeah, Vill?"

"Are you going to make me go back? To Asgard?"

"No. You can stay— you can stay with me as long as you want, kid."

"Okay."

I pulled the blankets tighter around myself.

"Peter?"

"Yeah, Vill?"

"You're my dad, aren't you?"

"Yeah," As I stared at the ceiling, one of his hands rested hesitantly over mine. "Are you okay with that?"

"I'll let you know when I figure it out. Feeling stuff isn't really my thing. This might take a second."

"Okay. We can talk in the morning."

"Goodnight, Peter."

"Night, Vill."

Letting go of my hand, he stood up to leave. After a second, he leaned back down and brushed the hair from my face.