A Change

Jasmine’s POV

My thoughts were racing as I headed back to my room. I had the privilege of having a single room this year because of things that happened last year. I really don’t want to get into it, but basically my roommate and her friends tortured me and my grades suffered. When I showed proof of their actions to the Dean and the Academic Board, they told me I would have my own room for as long as I was attending school here. Yes, it was that bad. I collapsed on my bed in tears. I didn’t understand him, Louis I mean. He was so nice just then, but maybe it was because he found out about my wrist when he grabbed me, at least that’s what I let myself believe. I lay there for a good twenty minutes before I got up and wiped my face clean. I made sure no one could tell I had been crying and grabbed my camera bag as I walked out. I walked to the park down the street to clear my head and try to figure him out. I replayed the afternoon’s events in my mind, but I couldn’t come up with another conclusion. I just figured he felt sorry for me so I pushed it to the back of my mind and started taking pictures. I lost count on how many pictures I actually took, but when I got back to my room I uploaded them to my laptop and decided on which ones to keep. This was my favorite one I took today. I decided to print it off and frame it to hang on my wall.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f190/Jessica_Shadows/Just%20One%20Bite/Jasmines%20stuff/Photography-photography-29233629-575-384.jpg

I keep a box of frames in my closet because I take so many pictures. I grabbed a frame and slipped the new picture in it. As I was hanging it, I heard a knock on my door. Great, it was either someone here to blame me for something else happening on the floor or it was the Resident Advisor (RA) that was like our supervisor. I opened the door and was clearly confused as I looked to see Louis in front of me.

“Hi,” he said after I didn’t say anything.

“Um, hi. What are you doing here?”

“I wanted to talk to you. You seemed pretty upset earlier,” he confessed.

“Well, yea, I think I had every right to be.” He bit his lip and looked up at me.

“Can I come in?” he asked. I actually considered just slamming the door in his face, but with so many girls up and down the hall staring, that would just cause more problems than letting him in, so I stepped to the side.

“Sure,” I said as I motioned for him to come in. I shut the door as he walked in and looked around. “So,” I said, clearing my throat.

“Are all these yours?” he asked, pointing to all the pictures around the room.

“Yes, they are,” I told him.

“Amazing,” he smiled.

“Thanks,” I said sitting on my bed. He sat in the computer chair and spun around to face me. “You were saying?”

“Yea, I just wanted to make sure you were alright.”

“I’m fine.”

“You didn’t seem fine before,” he said as he looked away. His eyes finally came back to mine, “and your wrist certainly isn’t fine.”

“Well, your friends are to thank for that,” I snapped at him.

“Why are you so angry all the time?”

“Why shouldn’t I be? I get treated like shit for no reason. I haven’t done anything to deserve any of this,” I said as my gaze hit the floor. He didn’t say anything for a minute, and then I felt the bed dip and I knew he was sitting beside me.

“I told you I was going to take care of that. Don’t listen to them, they don’t know what they are saying,” he said as he tried to get me to look at him.