Step One

Jasmine’s POV

I tried to turn over but I couldn’t. This made me wake up and see what was in my way. Oh, right. Louis was here. I looked up at him as he watched TV.

“Morning beautiful,” I heard him say as I tried to get comfortable again, but it was no use. I sat up and stretched.

“Morning,” I smiled at him. I grabbed a change of clothes and a towel and headed down the hall to the dorm showers to get ready. When I came back, my bed was made and he was sitting in the computer chair. I shook my head and dropped my dirty clothes in the basket. I sat on the edge of my bed and looked at him. “So, what are our plans for the day?” I asked. He looked at me and smiled.

“That’s up to you, sweetheart,” he said.

“Well, I only have one class to day, so we have plenty of time for anything,” I told him.

“I don’t have any classes today,” he smiled.

“Well don’t you just suck,” I said sarcastically.

“Yes, actually I do,” he laughed. I blushed and laughed when I realized what I had said. “Anything you want to do today?”

“I don’t know. I’ll have to think about it,” I told him. “I could just skip class. It’s not like I learn anything at this one. I already know what the teacher is gonna say before he says it,” I laughed. He shook his head.

“No, you need to go to class. You’re already going to be missing at least a week after you turn,” he explained. I sighed and looked up at him.

“Fine,” I agreed making him laugh. I stood up and walked over to him. He stood up and hugged me, kissing my cheek.

“I’ll be here when you get back,” he said as I turned and walked out the door. That class was really boring. I walked in at took my seat near the back. I got out my notebook in case there was something that I didn’t know. The teacher walked in and started his lecture. His voice was usually monotonous, but today he seemed excited.

“Today, we are doing something different. I tried this last semester and it seemed to work rather well. I took the liberty of making a list of options for you to choose from. If you have any questions we can discuss them now, or you can make an appointment with me outside of class. This is a list of topics for you to choose from for your final project. There will be no more tests for the remainder of this semester. This project will count as the rest of those grades and your final exam. Here is a sign-up sheet,” he said placing a sheet of paper on the desk at the front of the room, “When you know the topic on the list you want, please list it here so no one else will do the same one. There will also be a presentation involved. I will be passing out the instructions for every component next class period,” he said as he sat in his chair. I stood up and walked to the front of the room to the sign-up sheet and wrote my name and the topic I wanted. He raised an eyebrow at me. “Really?” he asked.

“What do you mean?”

“Of all the topics on that list I didn’t figure you would be the one to pick vampirism,” he said.

“I’ve always had a fascination with them,” I confessed. I signed my name and returned to my seat. Once class was over, I hurried back to my dorm room to find Louis lying on the bed watching TV.

“What are you smiling at?” he asked.

“Well, that class might not be as boring as I thought,” I smiled as I sat on the bed next to him.

“Oh, why is that?” he asked. I explained to him what had happened and the topic I picked. “Well that’s good, then. You’ll ace that easy,” he laughed. I nodded and smiled. I changed clothes and we watched TV for a bit.