Blood Night

Trigger: mention of death, injury, shouting.
__________________

Tommy woke up suddenly with cold sweat. His memories were rushing back in. He could remember everything his brother had erased from him. Including the time when he manipulated him and took him away from Techno. He could see the bear in his memory and hoped he was okay.

He moved away from his thoughts as someone opened the door. It was Nightmare and he had a cup of blood in his hand.

"Good morning baby brother."

"I am not a baby."

"Of course you are not. Sorry about that. So how did you sleep?" He put on a huge smile which was obviously fake.

"Cut the act, what do you want from me?"

"I thought we could have a brother talk and catch up the time we lose, but if that's what you want." Nightmare took a deep breath before talking again.

"We don't want anything from you little bro. You are here so we can take Dream's attention to us. Dad said you look pretty weak and unhealthy whatever from lack of blood or yourself, he doesn't want you. He keeps saying how strong Dream is, and how he wants him as a successor."

"But Dream turned into a vampire. You were born as a vampire. Aren't you supposed to be stronger?"

"Well I am sorry for disappointing you but I am not as strong as him." Nightmare said with anger. He looked pissed and sad.

"Why don't you just run away too? You obviously don't like dad. Can't you just leave him."

"I tried, but he is too strong. He also has a double power on me since he is my father."

"That is not fair." Tommy thought for a second about helping Nightmare. He looked like a good brother. Even in his memories, Nightmare was always nice to him. "Why don't you ask help from Dream?"

Nightmare's expression immediately changed. He looked guilty and angry at the same time.

"He doesn't let me. He still blames me for what happened that day and thinks I am lying to him. I can't blame him, because I did it once."

"You did?"

"Yeah at the first time we met. I was foolish at the time being and obeyed my father with my own will. He told me to write a letter to Dream and meet up with him in the forest. He was gonna capture him afterwards and get him back to our house. Well it didn't go as planned and he ran away. That was when father wanted him desperately. He used his vampire power and manipulated father to run away." Manipulating a vampire was already so hard and manipulating an adult vampire was impossible for a little vampire.

"Wow, I didn't know Dream was that strong."

"Yeah me neither. Oh I almost forgot." He gave the cup of blood to Tommy and sat on the side of the bed. "Have some blood, you must be hungry."

"Thanks" Nightmare left the room after he gave the cup of blood. Tommy drank it all after a few minutes.

He was getting a bit more relaxed until he heard shouting from downstairs. He went towards where the shouting was coming from. He stopped a few inches away from the shoutings and listened.

"What do you mean by that?"

"It is exactly what I told you."

"But then he'll die"

"So what?"

"I don't want my brother to die!"

"Are you disobeying me? After all I did for you?"