Hell Is Empty, All The Devils Are Here

Avery

I woke up in a dark room. It doesn't take me that long to recognize it. The scent, the blackness of the walls, the all too familiar black silky bed sheets that I once gripped.

The memories I've had thus far in this room have been absolute shit so I can probably assume, especially after what I did, that the future memories won't be very good either considering I'm currently handcuffed to the headboard.

The memories of Luke and the gun and the old man are all hitting me like a tidal wave. It's like a slap in the face that I'll never get away from him.

My mind wonders to how such a beautiful man could have such an evil mind. He killed my only hope to being safe again.

If I wasn't absolutely terrified of him before, I sure as hell am now. Afraid, tears run down my face and I'm not sure what to do. How the hell am I gonna get out of this situation, and alive at that.

My body feels like what a house looked like after hurricane katrina. Shit. Absolute shit.

I groan at the pain that's now fully taken effect after the adrenaline had worn off.

Now doubt I'm sure I'm all bruised.

Something I know for sure is that I'm in completely and utterly afraid of the man who looked so angelic but acted like Lucifer. He might as well be.

I know that I'm gonna be in trouble for running away. I broke his number one rule. I'm just afraid of what he'll do to me since I now know firsthand what he's actually capable of.

I absolutely loathed the fact that I feared him. I'm a tough girl but when you're faced with the choice of acting obedient to survive or acting out to die, I'm sure you'd choose to be obedient too.

The only reason I was obedient is for the chance of survival, so I can see my family again. So I can see my best friend again.

God I missed her.

I wish she were here, at least we'd have to live in hell together. And live in fear together. She'd find a way to make it fun. Or bearable at least.

I'm trying to muster up the courage to put the broken girl image away and try putting on the obedient innocent one.

Luke seems to like innocence and obedience so maybe he'll go easy on him if I kiss his ass. He loves his ego stroked.

Just as I was dreading, Luke showed up like I knew he would.

He saw I was awake and put his tongue in his cheek. He looked furious. I'm not even sure what I'm gonna do. I've never seen him so mad.

"Great now that you're up, I think it's time we get your punishment over with." He said kneeling down so we were both at eye level.

My lip quivered as I gave in. "I'm sorry, Luke. I really am. I was scared," I say looking down.

He brought his fingers up to my chin and lifting it up to look at him. "Scared of what, Avery ?" He said bluntly.

"Of you." I said barely above a whisper.

He stood up, rubbing his chin. "And why might that be ?"

"Because I heard you talking about me, Ashton said I was in danger and you said that I was just leverage." I said looking up at him, eyes tearing up.

"So we're eavesdropping now ? Hm okay." He said nodding his head, chuckling humorlessly.

"You know, I- I almost thought that maybe, just maybe you'd stay obedient because you wanted to live but I should've known, you Coles, always ruining things." He spit.