Mixed Feelings

Luke

I don't know why I stayed that night. I could see the sadness in her eyes.

She looked broken. Which is surprising because of the things she's already been through.

She's a strong girl.

Beautiful too.

No. Stop it, Luke. You can't think like that. She's the leverage, daughter of the enemy. Therefore, she is the enemy.

I can't get too close to her. Yet, I want to. That's a problem. A big big problem.

I have to stay away from her. I can't risk messing up the mission.

But then again, they always say keep your friends closer, enemies closer.

                         _-_-_-_-_-_

Avery

I wake up in Luke's bed, alone once again. He hasn't spoken to me since that night. When I woke up the next morning, he wasn't there.

I was no longer handcuffed. That was about 4 or 5 days ago give or take.

I really don't know why I asked him to stay. Especially him of all people. I guess I was so upset and desperate for another persons touch.

Yeah we're gonna go with me being upset.

I get up out of the bed, and head to my room. I creak the door open and grab some clothes to change into.

They let me come back in here to change once they found a way to lock the doors to the balcony.

I walk back into Luke's room and head into his bathroom. I don't see the point in staying in his room or using his shower anymore but I guess I'm not entirely off of my punishment.

You'd think they'd come up with a better punishment, I mean this isn't even that bad.

I obviously love sleeping in my own room and using my own shower but this definitely isn't as bad as I initially thought it would be.

I think it'd probably be worse if Luke actually stayed in there with me but he doesn't and hasn't.

He only comes in every once in a while to get some of his stuff. Usually he avoids my eye contact or I avoid his, neither of us speaking a word to each other.

Something about the night he stayed with me was off. It felt oddly okay. I don't believe that's supposed to happen.

I mean I hate Luke, he kidnapped me and wants to hurt my family. He's a monster.

But then why did I feel so safe with him ? It had to have been because I was upset as one would be after experiencing something that traumatic.

But he definitely killed the guy that tried to rape me. So why did I want him to stay with me when I witnessed another murder at his hands ?

Even if the guy was trying to hurt me, he didn't have to kill him.

All these questions are circling through my head and I don't know the answer to any of them.

The only thing I can come up with would be that I was vulnerable and upset.

I couldn't possibly think of any other explanation.

He's taking over my entire mind, and I don't like it. I should be thinking of ways to get out of here or something.

I bring my hand up and pinch the bridge of my nose. I squint my eyes and try to shake my mind of all the thoughts and step under the now warm water running in the shower.