𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟐

𝐗𝐈𝐈

𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐩

Chloe POV

Monday. I have hated Mondays since high school. When I went to boarding school I had no excuse of being late or not bringing homework, for that matter. It's not like I could say my dog ate it.

My broken hand wasn't helpful either. It was annoying that I would want to do familiar movements with both of my hands but one would always be bandaged and unmoving.

I haven't really talked to anyone yesterday, only exchanged a message with my advisors that I broke my hand. They bid me to heal fast and said that they can cover for me at work but I couldn't make them miss their weekends.

So driving to the shooting place I climb out of my car and head to the set. My suit top is covering my broken hand from behind. I hear faint footsteps behind me and soon am greeted by the familiar deep voice.

"Hi, Chloe." The always smiling Ben approached me but before he could see my hand I greeted him in return.

"Good Morning, moi sovereniy"

He starts laughing but then abruptly stops. I look at him in confusion only to find him looking at my hand with wide eyes.

"What happened? How did you hurt it?" He stopped and pulled me to stop as well by my healthy hand. The pull was gentle but even after I stopped and turned to him he didn't let go.

"I fell off the horse. Didn't clear the barrier." I look up at him through my eyelashes and for an unknown reason feel guilty. He just sighs and says:

"Chloe, please be careful. It's serious."

"I will be careful in the future, that's for sure. Thanks." I added the last bit as the afterthought and he looked me in the eyes with a questioning look.

"Why are you thanking me?"

"For caring." I thought he wouldn't hear what I said because of how quiet it came out but the next thing I know his arms are around me in a gentle embrace. I wrap my right hand around his middle in return and slowly draw my left hand towards my body to make more space for him to be closer.

Soon enough we pulled apart and he just smiled at me. No words needed to be spoken at that moment.

So just like that we headed towards the set. There we met a few other people and each and every asked what happened to my hand. Well only Michelle seemed to be unbothered and I am grateful to her for that.

---*---

So within a few weeks my hand really did heal.

Two months have passed since the horse accident and the filming is in process. With the help of my friends I became more familiar with the city, but I was told it isn't for long as the set will be moved to somewhere else. To the other Netflix building in another city or country I suppose.