Chapter four

This is sort of where more drama kicks in. Also all rights belong to Kiera Cass 

America's POV:

I wake up to something tickling my neck. Oh Maxon what will I do with you? I roll over only to be met honey brown eyes. 

"Hello, my dear." Maxon says testing his luck already.

"Still not ur dear," I retort

Suddenly, there is a sharp knock at the door. I am starting to get used to the lack of privacy I am sure soon everyone will catch us in a lot worse situations. I run my hands over my hair and then allow Maxon to tell them to come in. 

"Mother? What are you doing here?" Mason questioned. 

"HAVE YOU SEEN THR PAPER!" Well this wasn't a great way to start the morning. Maxon gets out of bed to grab the news paper. Amberly eyes the fact that he is only wearing underwear. 

"Oh lord," Maxon looks back at me warily. 

"Maxon what is it?"

"Ames." That's new. He's never called me that before. I liked it though.

"Don't listen to what it says. We both know that not true." Maxon still wasn't holding out the paper for me to read. 

"What does it say?" They are asking me nervous about it.

"I will show myself out," The Queen could clearly feel the tension. 

"America.... I don't know if I want you seeing this. I am a little embarrassed my mother even saw it." What is happening right now. I get out of bed and walk over to Maxon. 

"What is it? Hand it to me."

"No." He said sharply

"Maxon! Hand it to me! Stop playing." I laughed because I sort of thought that he was being silly. However, his face didn't change. He is being serious.

"Darling, I don't want this to harm you." 

"Maxon hand it to me!" I am beginning to yell. Maxon never yells. 

"No."

"If you won't let me see it I will get it some other way." I storm out angry at him. Why can't I see it. I can handle it. Does he think I can't? I walk into the princess suite. Even though I am technically not sworn in yet I am still allowed to stay here. 

"Hello miss," Paige my maid said. 

"Somebody get me the paper," I snap.

"Miss....whats wrong?" Mary asked walking out of the bathroom.

"JUST GET ME THE PAPER!" And that's when I start to really get upset.

"We were told not to." Paige was barely even whispering she was so quiet. 

"By who?!" 

"Me," Maxon spoke as he walked into my room. 

"Girls can you leave please." They walked out with a curtsy and shut the door.

"My love, you won't like it." He was trying to calm me. It wasn't working.

"You don't know what I can or can not handle!" Seeing how stubborn I was with this he reluctantly handed over the paper. That front page read, 

America singer and prince Maxon spotted in a heated make out session on the roof! 

Then it proceeded to the pictures. This is what they were so nervous about? They made it seem so much worse.