Chapter 2

Almost at the midday, the little boy stretched his body signalling he was waking up. Eyes still closed, he adorably twisted and turned around the wide bed before waking up in the laziest manner he could. Eyes drowsy, he was yawning when a voice completely made him sober.

"Tenth Prince, had a good dream?"

The Empress' voice rang in his ear making Wang Yibo turn his head to his side where she stood. Though calm and smiling, Yibo knew that she wasn't in her best of the mood.

"M-mother." He tried to bribe her with his smile but that didn't seem to work as she walked close to him with a stern face.

By habit he kneeled on the bed.

"Will you tell me where you found that blade?" Her voice demanding, she surely wasn't going to tolerate the one who gave him that thing. Not when Yibo's safety mattered.

Whoever that was would even be executed if they had any hidden intentions behind such carelessness in the West wing.

"I found it at the garden mother. I don't know who dropped it there. I wanted to give that to you today." Replied Yibo feeling small in that gaze. One thing that Yibo would never do was lie. And the Empress nodded.

"Explain your behaviour last night." Another answer demanded. The interrogation wasn't over yet.

"I heard that others gossiping that Second Prince of Nān could hurt himself when he woke up. And I know that you've been worried about him for months now so-.I came to keep and eye on him. So that he wouldn't hurt himself like a week ago." heads low, Yibo answered truthfully again.

Pulling the worried little Prince who never ceased to make her smile, the Empress caressed his cheeks, "Aren't you too matured for your age Bobo?"

"I am grown up man already mother." Protested the little one.

"Yes. Yes. My Yibo has grown up so well."

Amidst the conversation, Xiao Zhan walked out of the connected bathroom at the left corner of the room, where he had taken bath and changed his dress after meal.

With his wet hair that ended just few inches above his hips, he looked fresh and handsome. "Your Highness." He bowed.

Two servants who had helped Xiao Zhan bowed to the Empress and left taking the laundry with them. They had cleaned the Prince as instructed by the medic who had told them not to get water on Xiao Zhan's wound.

"Drop that formality Prince Xiao Zhan. How are you feeling now?" She gestured two servants to help Zhan walk to his bed.

Xiao Zhan's legs still felt weak and his wounds still needed attention, that was why he unwillingly needed help to even bathe himself. Thankfully, the servants were very good with their work and didn't dare to touch him at all. Their gaze so respectful and short.

Not to forget, all the servants were eunuch. No ladies were allowed there except the nannies who took care of Eleventh Prince Ai.

"I am feeling much better, thank you. And please call me Zhan."
He smiled a little, "I am sorry for worrying you yesterday." And sincerely apologized.

Reaching the edge of the bed, he even smiled at Yibo who still kneeled down on the bed waiting to be noticed. And when noticed, he nervously smiled back at the good looking boy.

Yibo knew that his act the previous night wasn't very good for a guest but he surely wasn't planning to sleep on Zhan's bed without permission. And talking about permission, he was the one who wasn't asked for one before being pulled into a warm embrace. Nevertheless, he had to apologize for his own sake and manners. "I am sorry for coming here uniformed. I apologize for my rudeness." Yibo apologized getting down from the bed, bowing at the same time.