Chapter 14

Unexpected.

Surprising.

Suspicious.

From the Xi to the Běifāng that took them eight weeks to reach, not even once did they get attacked. Resting and sightseeing on the way, partying and having fun in all the good places they came across-- the journey was one of a kind.

All through the way, Xiao Tao got to learn a lot from Wang HaoXuan as Wang Yibo and Xiao Zhan had no time for others.

It wouldn't be an overstatement to say that Xiao Zhan seemed more attached to Wang Yibo. He would sweet talk, smile from ear to ear and always talk so much.

.

.

At the same time, in the South -NAN:

King Tan Su had long been waiting for the good news when one of his messenger came running to his chamber. Bowing behind the closed doors he reported, "Long live, majesty. May your happiness always double and your victories always be remembered."

"Tell me what good news have you brought." King Su's voice sounded strict yet happy at the same time.

He was in good mood as he had finally got to spend night with the beauty of the town who married him after killing her own husband who was a mere soldier.

"Honourable majesty, it is true that Emperor Wang and his crowned Prince are both not in good health. Trying to take the advantage of this, some smaller Kingdoms tried to attack them but failed miserably. However, some newly formed kingdoms and old ones which recently separated from the East are unifying trying to attack them again. They're larger in armies and might be a good threat to sick Emperor and his son."

"Sounds interesting." King Su opened the door half naked and threw a piece of gold at the messenger who happily received it.

"Go and tell the grenerals to train the armies and speed the sword making. And prepare to head towards the east."

A loud laughter echoed in the palace after long years that terrified everyone. Unable to move, the messenger heard King Su telling his new bedmate, "East is weak after many rebelled and formed their own smaller Kingdoms. So I'll take over the East then when the Emperor Wang dies, I shall let you be the Emperess of the biggest Kingdoms in the world."

Hearing the giggles and laughter, the messenger hurried out of that evil place that still looked dark like devil's home. He missed to hear, "I WANT TO CONQUER THE WORLD."

As per King Tan Su's orders, Nan started preparing to take over East. Knowing that there were five to eight smaller new and old Kingdoms evading the Zhongyang soon, he knew Dong Kingdom of East would be vulnerable as warriors of Wang Empire were known to be brutal.

Hitting the iron while it's still hot would be good for King Su. So he planned to attack as soon as the Zhongyang warriors went back home and East would be in vulnerable state.

He was sure that his plan would work so he himself jumped to the training field after many years of enjoying the prosperity of Nan. He now had double the armies and stronger the determination to take over the world.

Greed never ended.

Heart never satisfied.

Mind never at rest.

Fate of the unkind.

.

.