Chapter 13

While Xiao Tao hopped around happily holding the expensive gift that his brother had just given him, Xiao Zhan could only curse under his breath.

Wang Yibo had bought emerald pendent for Xiao Tao in the name of Xiao Zhan.

And he knew he couldn't afford that.

Not bothering to say anything so as to break his younger brother's excitement, Xiao Zhan went over the Xiao Tao's bed under which, the little mischievous one had said that he had hidden Xiao Zhan's swords.

Wanting to gift Wang Yibo with his valuables, he asked, "Tao-er, Will you be happy with us leaving the palace?"

"Why not?" Tao stopped and walked to him, "As long as we brothers can live together, I will be happy anywhere."

Taking out the swords, Xiao Zhan placed them on the nearby table and asked again, "What if you miss Princess Jun?"

"Well, that cannot be helped since I grew up with her." Tao calmly stated, "But a family is a family. And blood is thicker than water."

Amidst his wrinkled brows and deep thoughts, a sweet voice resonated from the doorway, "My little one can always come back to meet his sister whenever he misses him. --This palace will always be his playground."

Princess Jun had arrived.

Leaving her maids and guards at a little distance. Just like her usual self whenever she came to visit her only love-- Xiao Zhan.

"Jun-jie, when did you come?" Asked Tao running to the door.

"Just now." Smiled she, "Taotao, can I burrow your brother for a minute?"

"Sure."

Xiao Zhan only smiled seeing how Princess Jun still had very loving eyes for his brother. No hidden meaning to her sweetness for the young lad.

Without words exchanged they both walked out and about the hidden training field behind the tall trees where Xiao Zhan would often train alone in moonlight.

"Zhan, do you remember that day you chose this as your training area?" Asked she stopping her steps, "We were so young back then. I would peep at you from anywhere possible until I'd fall asleep."

"I do." Chuckling at the memory, Xiao Zhan voiced, "I also know that it was you who asked everyone to never touch a tree in here. Over the years, see, it's almost a forest."

"It is a forest as of now." Laughed she.

Xiao Zhan gave a hearty smile too.

"And do you remember, when I was almost molested by that son of minister and you took a stand for me?"

"Mn."

"That's when I had finally fallen into unreturnable depth for you."

"Sadly, I had almost fallen into deathbed because of that."

Suddenly the silence crept between the two and neither of them could speak a word. For a while, they just stood looking at each other without uttering a word.

But maybe it was guilt in her heart for deceiving the pure soul or it was her sincere love, Princess Jun smiled sadly, "Isn't that when someone started getting rid of anyone and everyone who dared to even think about hurting you in any way?"

"For a long time..... A very long time, I always believed that to be you." Xiao Zhan truthfully recited his heart out, "There was no way I would believe it to be somebody else."