Chapter 6

Some of the years, Wang Yibo wanted to be in Xiao Zhan's embrace when he felt low. So he was more than enraged when his own friend got the hug while he couldn't even dream about holding Xiao Zhan's hand alone.

"Panther—"

Black sighed in relief.

It was Xiao Zhan who called the name.

But to Wang Yibo it was surprising as it would have taken at least some minutes for a normal person to reach his chamber, in front of which he and Black stood. 'How is he so fast?'

Nevertheless, he looked back, "Yes."

"I accidentally poured the ointment on the floor. Can you help me?" Almost pouting, Xiao Zhan clearly lied.

Yet the one being lied to nodded.

"Come in."

Taking that as the golden chance to escape, Black bowed, "I shall accompany Prince Bao until you're done here. We will order the food too. Please come back after you're done."

"Okay. Good idea. Bring me some chicken soup too." Xiao Zhan was quick to respond though Wang Yibo preferred to glare.

After the one 'with no fault' in the middle left, Wang Yibo walked in first and let Xiao Zhan get in too, opening the door wide for entrance.

He then moved aside letting Xiao Zhan wander the room that only had a screen partition dividing the room into two halves.

Intelligent as he was, Xiao Zhan could clearly picture Xiao Bao's upper floor that was now a storeroom, being exactly the same as Wang Yibo's room. Even the few paintings in the wall were exactly the same.

One would mistake the rooms as one.

His heart sank a little when he could imagine that room having a similar basement. 'So you two have exactly same rooms.'

Shaking away that feeling, Xiao Zhan asked, "Bao-ge went out again. He told me to inform you to follow him. What do you want to do? Tend my bruise or follow him right away? I can find Black to apply the ointment if you just give it to me."

Was that even an option?

Yibo replied that question with his actions.

Without uttering a single word, he walked to the other side of the room. Behind the partition was a small study table on top of which Yibo had scattered few bottles of ointments.

He was so hurried to go back to Xiao Bao's room to hand over the ointment, that he hadn't tidied up anything in there. Only Xiao Zhan's bruised hand was in his mind.

Taking one small bottle of ointment from there, he walked back to where Xiao Zhan stood. "Sit."

"Where?"

On the mat around the study table?

Or on the bed?

Xiao Zhan didn't see any chairs in there.

Again, without a word, Wang Yibo walked to his bed and sat down on the edge of it, at the foot side, tapping the huge space besides him.

Wang Yibo's choice was so transparent. 'Can you care less about me?' Xiao Zhan couldn't help but question himself if Yibo had ever chosen him over any other things. Like how he was choosing to attend his scratches rather than following his elder brother right away.