Chapter 15

As big as the courtroom stood, bigger was the power he beheld, as high as the throne was seated, higher piles of corpses he had climbed to get there.

That was his Empire.

That was his Pride.

So how could he not expect his own blood to not do the same to conquer more Kingdoms and expand his supremacy.

With the bigger vision in his mind, the Emperor sent his best Princes to join more land to Zhongyang. He sent the two Wangs to a battle that would change everyone's lives.

.

Wang HaoXuan

And

Wang Yibo.

Unknown to the schemes of their father Emperor; they spent days and nights fighting the newly formed rebel Kingdoms.

If only one had stayed back to know.

What the Emperor was about to sow.

.

.

.

.

The North:

It had been days since Xiao Zhan and Xiao Tao were moved to a new residence. But with each day, instead of the brothers standing united they were drifting apart.

Xiao Zhan wanted to join the training.

But Xiao Bao wanted him to stay away.

Xiao Tao felt restricted in there.

Days passed into weeks and one day, Xiao Zhan didn't want to take that treatment anymore so he lashed on his brother, "You can't tell Zhang and his army to step back from rejoining. They are trained, skilled and experienced just like anyone else. Majority are from our homeland."

"Zhanzhan, try to understand. We have no time to waste planning new battle tactics. Don't you see how little time we have before Wang Yibo asks us to depart."

That was the problem.

Xiao Bao had got letter from Wang Yibo but not him adding to Xiao Zhan's anger.

"Zhan, they have already fulfilled their order and conquered the rebels. —And why do you want to add us another responsibility in the field to watch over you?."

Why was Xiao Zhan seen as burden than help? That added fuel to the fire in his heart.

"You want us to wait here and do nothing?" Xiao Zhan asked in a low voice.

"Yes. Just wait for me to come back and fetch you two."

"I would rather die than be treated like that." Xiao Zhan declared, "I will join the battle. And you shall not stop me from now on. If you see me as burden then be it. I'd rather die a fighter than live like a coward."

A little taken aback, Xiao Bao yelled, "Are you going against my order?"

"Order?" Xiao Zhan narrowed his eyes, "We are brothers and of same designation after we lost the throne. So let's be fair and equal."

That triggered Xiao Bao very much.

He never had anyone talk big with him. Not even Wang Yibo. And now his own brother stood against his words making him chuckle, "Go ahead and prepare then. Do not dare blame me if you're sort of warriors. Your safety cannot be promised like somebody wishes then.."