Weirdo

Hae-Won's first day of elementary school is finally here. Her parents put her in a school where only the children of kings and queens study there. They talked about Hae-Won's mental disorder to the headmaster. And the headmaster told the teachers to be careful and aware of Hae-Won's safety.

"Hello and welcome to your first day of school, kids," The woman said in front of the class, smiling brightly. "Alright, let's introduce ourselves, shall we? Let me introduce myself, my name is Mrs. Kim and I will be your homeroom teacher," and then she added, "Please, raise your hand if you want to introduce yourselves". Everybody was done introducing themselves without any problems and started their lesson.

In the second lesson, everyone has to find a partner to do the lesson activity. As Hae-Won was looking around for a partner to work with, everybody looked at her weirdly and started whispering. Making her confused as to why are they looking at her like that but decided to brush it off. Except for one boy who's walking towards her. "Hey, wannabe partners?" He asked with a friendly smile on his face. "Sure, your name is Jae-Hyuk, right?" The other asked while sitting down. "Yes, and yours is Hae-Won right?" Jae-Hyuk asked playfully. The girl nodded and let a small laugh escape, feeling happy she found a partner.

As the both of them are getting to know each other while doing their book exercise, the kids behind them started talking. "Why would he talk to a weirdo like her? Is he not scared or weirded out?" She says to her friend beside her. "I don't know either, she literally talks to a wall when she waited for her parents at the entrance hallway," Her friend answered with a disgusted look on her face.

Hae-Won heard their conversation and started to hold in her tears as her face started to get red. "Hae-Won, are you alright?" Jae-Hyuk asked feeling worried when looking at his friend's face. "Yeah, I'm alright," She stated trying to not make him worried. "You're not, I could see that, if I hug you, would that make you feel better?" He asked her while looking at his sad friend. "Y-yes, but if you don't want to, it's fine, I get it," Hae-Won said while wiping her nose.

Jae-Hyuk hugged Hae-Won for a minute and before he broke the hug, he said "I know that you heard them, it's alright if anybody feels weird about you, at least I don't," And smiled while caressing his hand on her shoulder. "Cheer up," He said and chuckled making Hae-Won also does the same.

"Is everything alright here?" Mrs. Kim asked because she saw Hae-Won's red face. "Yes, Mrs. Kim, everything is fine, don't worry," Jae-Hyuk said so Hae-Won doesn't have to talk to calm herself down. "Alright then, if any of you need anything, just say it to me," She said then starts walking to the front of the class. "Thank you, Jae-Hyuk," Hae-Won smiled and the boy answered, "No problem".

At the end of Hae-Won's first day of school, she couldn't wait to go home and go into her parents' arms. She already missed the warm feeling of it. As she was waiting to get picked up from school while talking to Jae-Hyuk, a figure in the distance behind the other looks like her father's figure. The figure gets closer and it is her father, she ran with wide open arms to hug him. "Wonni, how was school?" San asked with a bright tone while carrying his daughter in his arms. "It was great, I made a friend, his name is Jae-Hyuk," She pointed towards the boy a foot away from them.

San walked towards the boy and put his daughter down. "Thank you for being her friend, little buddy," He said and smiled while looking at the boy. "I am friends with anybody and she's fun and also cool to be friends with," Jae-Hyuk nodded and looked at Hae-Won. "I'm glad to hear that. Well, mom is waiting for you, so let's go home, honey," Says her father while caressing her head. "Bye, Jae-Hyuk!"  Said Hae-Won while waving her hand with a really cheerful smile. "Bye, Hae-Won, see you tomorrow!" He said, waving back at his friend and laugh at how cute she is. San chuckled at his daughter's cute behavior and high-pitched voice.