Chapter 3: The lucky pen

The next morning Rachel was with Mindy and the rest of Chip's friends. She was rather anxious because her physics exam was in less than an hour. While she was chatting with the gang, Ross appeared behind the tree looking at her. He was trying to get her attention but he was rather shy to approach the famous clique. Mindy saw him and said to Rachel

-          Hey isn't that your friend's brother?

-          Yes Rachel replied

-          I think he wants to talk to you he looks kind of weird

The minute Rachel gazed upon him he looked shyly down. She approached him and said hello.

-          Hey you wanted to say something to me?

-          Yeah I actually do but I was kinda embarrassed to mingle with your friends. I mean I'm sorry for interrupting I just wanted to wish you good luck and give you this he took a pen out of his pocket and gave it to her. This is my lucky pen I think it will help.

-          Ross she looked surprised that's so sweet! Thank you so much!

-          You're welcome. I'll just go, didn't mean to interrupt.

-          Don't be silly. You're not interrupting anything.

-          Ok. So see you around?

-          Sure

*****************

-           So what was that about Mindy asked. Nerd guy giving you gifts?

-          It wasn't a gift and his name is Ross

-          Geez Rach relax.

-          What's going on? Chip asked

-          Geeky Ross is flirting with your girl dude

-          Chip chuckled loudly like he has a chance he said bringing Rachel close and pecking her on the lips

-          Chip she yelled withdrawing herself we're in school?

-          So?

-          Never mind she rolled her eyes. I'm going to head to class and prepare for my exam.

*****************

Rachel was on her way home feeling a bit proud of herself. She's done pretty great at the exam and it wasn't just about the exam, it was about proving herself that she could do more and actually be proud of her actions. She was surprised to see her dad's car outside their house as she approached their front porch. He was usually at work during this time of the day. Opening the main door, she was greeted by the sight of her parents yelling at one another. She heard her mom saying something about feeling miserable and lonely and being tired of it and her dad mentioning how he's worked his butt off so she and their kids would have everything they've ever dreamed of.

-          Well thanks, Leonard. Apparently, you gave me everything but somewhere along the way I lost you Sandra Green said in a miserable tone.

Rachel felt a wave of anxiety and sadness all over her heart. She knew her family wasn't the epitome of happiness or communication but something about her mother admitting how unhappy she was in her marriage hit her hard. She stepped backward as quietly as she could and run out of her house.

Her steps led her to the Gellers household. This was her safe place and Monica was probably the only real relationship in her life. She always admired the love this family shared. They would laugh, fight, have silly dinners together but deep down after all the yelling, the tears, and the laughter there was always love.

Rachels POV

I kept knocking on Monica's door until someone would open it. Suddenly, Ross appeared in front of me.

-          Rach are you ok? he asked probably looking at my shitty flushed face

-          Yes. I just... is Monica here? I said in between sobs. I really need to see her.

-          I am sorry she's not. He looked upset. Can I do anything for you?

-          I just, I... and before I knew it I started crying in the middle of the street in front of Ross

He stood frozen not knowing what to do. Poor guy, he seemed lost at the sight of me crying. I felt him touching softly my arm.

-          Is there anything I can do? he barely whispered

I started breathing heavily while looking at him. I tried to speak again but everything was blurry.

-          He hurried inside the house and he came back with a paper bag, which he handed to me Breath in it he said.

I grabbed the bag and followed his instruction

-          That's it. Inhale, exhale he said softly while caressing my hair from time to time.

A/N: Hοpe you enjoy & again, I'm sorry for any mistakes. I would love to hear your thoughts:)))