Chapter 9: Oh no!

Rachel was pacing up and down a few blocks away from school. What was happening? Why did she have this dream? And why she could not stop thinking about her kiss with Ross AND her dream kiss with Ross. Could Monica be right? Did she like him? No! No way. Sure, she has started enjoying his company and kind of wanted to spend more time with him but in a friendly way. She could not like him, right? She was just fluttered because he would always get shy around her and well... no matter what she said, he wasn't any good at hiding his crush. On the other hand, he has been awfully talkative lately. Plus, he made her feel like home. She could spend hours talking with him and it felt so real and meaningful. Nuh... she could not like him. She was dating school's hottest guy. She kept walking towards school when a body bumped into her.

- I'm so sorry.

Upon hearing that voice, Rachel looked up and saw Ross looking down at her with his sweet puppy dog eyes.

- R... Ross, she stuttered

- Hey you. he said sweetly, helping her to find her balance

Electricity that's what she felt when his hound toucher her. She looked at him again, this time in horror. She was so close to him, exactly how she was in her dream.

- Rachel, are you ok? he now asked concerned.

- Yes. Good morning she said. I'm sorry... I have a lot in my head and I wasn't seeing where I was going.

- It's ok he replied. I'm actually glad we bumped into each other

- You are? she asked looking him directly in the eyes.

- Yes. I wanted to invite you to my place tonight.

- Me? she asked again. God Rachel. Could you sound more desperate, said the little voice inside her.

- I'm gonna throw a little surprise party for Phoebe. Monica is already in and since we all had a great time the other night, I thought it would be nice if you could come.

- Oh a party?! Yes, of course... I'll be there.

- Great. So tonight at 7:30. he said and he disappeared inside the school building.

After straightening her clothes, Rachel kept moving in Ross' direction, until she reached her locker.

- Happy Monday Mindy said causing Rachel's body to jump.

- Jesus Mindy... Are you stalking me?

- Funny Mindy replied. So you did it again!

- Did what exactly?

- Oh honey. The whole school is talking about you and Mr. geeky boy, who by the way seems like a hell of a kisser.

- Whaaaat? Rachel asked reluctantly

- I mean if I were you I would be worried. What if Chip finds out that his precious girlfriend hooked up with somebody else?

- I didn't hook up with anyone Rachel replied bluntly. We just followed your stupid little game.

- Honey, she said caressing Rachel's hair. It stopped being a game when I had to yell stop twice. You two lovers were so caught up in the heat of the moment, you couldn't stop.

- You're kidding, right? she asked in horror. 

- No. I'm not. But hey... look I'm your friend. I won't tell anything to Chip and I'm gonna protect him from finding out. But you have to be honest with me.