Chapter 5: Things are changing

It was a lazy Sunday morning. Chip's parents were out of town so she's spent the night there. They were sitting on the couch he had in his basement along with his pool table and the other electronic devices he used to spend most of his time with. She was looking through a magazine as he was sucking on her neck. She shifted position.

- Honey I'm not in the mood.

- Well, since you weren't in the mood last night as well, care to explain why you came to spend the night?

- She looked offended. Right... cause what else could we possibly do? Talk? 

- Come on Rach don't be a bitch. You've been really distant lately.

- Do you have any idea why?

- How am I supposed to know?!

- You could always ask she said rolling her eyes as he took the game console in his hands in order to start playing.

- Ugh you're unbelievable she said standing up from the couch.

- Excuse me?

- You say you can see I'm not in the best mood and instead of asking me, all you care about is either playing your game or having sex Chip.

- Well what am I supposed to do?

- Nothing she said. Look, I'm gonna go. I have plans with Monica.

  **************************

The same afternoon Rachel and Monica were spending their time at Monica's yard.

- So are we planning to go to this school beach party? Monica asked

- Well I really don't want to go but I guess I have to she smiled bitterly.

- I thought you loved those kinds of parties.

- I'm just not in the mood.

- Rachey you ok?

- Huh?

- What were you thinking? Monica asked concerned.

- Nothing... I'm just a bit stressed over nothing - she lied-  It'll pass. Come on!! Why don't you show me the new earrings you bought?

- Sure!! she said and she went upstairs to collect her new belongings the same moment Ross arrived at the house.

- Ross - Rach screamed HEY!

- Hi! he said in a surprising tone

He approached her slowly. He hasn't really seen her since her almost panic attack incident.

- How are you? he sweetly asked

- Good. You? Where were you?

- At school

- On a Sunday?

- Yep... it's not like I wanted to be there he cleared his voice. But apparently, we'll have a new classmate from next week. Her mom died and she just moved here with her grandma, so the principal wanted me to show her around the library.

- Oh.. was it weird?

- Well not as much as I thought it would be. She was kinda quirky and really full of life. So she made it easier... I just hope she won't have a hard time, given the fact she's showing up just two months before the school's over.

- Yeah she agreed. Hey, listen. I wanted to thank you again for the other day and for not telling Monica about my little breakdown.

- Oh Rach of course. I mean it's none of my business to gossip about your feelings

- Thanks she sweetly replied. It was nice she blurted

- What was?

- That we got to talk like this. I mean Monica pretty much feels like the only real thing in my life and our conversation... it just made me feel like we were... you know she stuttered, it was really honest and I just appreciated that you let me by myself.

- Anytime he replied not believing in his ears

That was Rachel Karen Green telling him how much she loved talking with him. That was surreal... He could either smile politely or grab the chance. And for the first time in his life, he decided to go with option b.

- Well.. I mean I'm here if you ever feel like talking again. And we could go to the lake again.

- Thanks Ross. I would love to she gave him a warm smile and she was about to say something but  Monica's footsteps put an end to their conversation

- Hey sorry for being late, I couldn't find them she laughed and then demonstrated her new jewelry. Ah hey, big bro. How did it go?

- Good. Better than I thought.

- Cool... what the girl's name again?

- Phoebe Ross replied... We'll actually share some classes together so I invited her over for lunch one of the following days... she's going through some shitty stuff, plus the burden of being a new student here. I thought we could welcome her.

Rachel smiled upon hearing his thoughts. Ross was not only funnier and more interesting than she thought, but he was also actually really caring and she liked that. Maybe they could be friends, the same way she was with Monica she thought and smiled.

A/N: I really wanted to enter Phoebe in this story and I have some ideas. I would love to include Chandler and Joey but I don't know when or how this will play out. Don't forget this is an R&R story. So this and the following chapter will lead to the moment that inspired me to write this story. I know it was kinda short but I really hope you will enjoy reading <3.