Chapter 8: Τhe next day

That weekend was long indeed. Rachel has joined her mother and sisters to some gallery opening event, though her mind was wandering to last nights' events. She couldn't stop thinking about her kiss with Ross and how his lips felt perfectly against hers. He burned her insides. And on the other hand, she couldn't stop thinking about Monica and how upset and disappointed she seemed... Pff she had to talk to her and maybe if she was lucky enough, she could get a glimpse of Ross as well. Truth be told the kiss was perfect but the way he seemed helpless and completely shy in front of her, really flattered her ego.

- Earth to Rachel.

- What? she said turning around to her sister Jill

- I'm bored. Can you borrow mom's car and drive us back home.

- P L E A S E Amy added.

- Ask mom and if she's ok with that, fine.

- No Rachel. You are her favorite.

- And you are the ones being bored.

- Oh so you're enjoying yourself huh?

- Whatever she said rolling her eyes. Maybe returning back wasn't such a bad idea after all. She could visit Monica and talk to her.

*********************************

She was outside the Geller's household for what seemed like forever. Why on earth was she so reluctant to knock on the door?! Ok breathe in and out she told herself as she raised her hand in order to knock, but before she could, the door opened and Ross almost bumped into her.

- Oh hey, sorry he said his cheeks burning red

- Hey you. She said smiling, only a few inches away from him

- Uhm what are you doing here? he asked scratching the back of his head.

- Looking for Mon she quickly replied.

- Right, of course. She's in her room he said looking down.

- Ross. Are we... are you ok? she asked scrunching her nose. I hated the way you left last night.

- I'm good he smiled daring to look at her. It was just a bit overwhelming. I'm not used to this publicity he joked.

- I'm sorry.

- No. Hey... he said touching her slightly by her arms, I was the one who agreed to play Mindy's game, you don't have to be sorry about anything.

- So you don't regret it? she asked almost in a whisper.

- No... not at all.

- Good, me neither she said while forming a huge smile.

Silence. They kept looking at each other, only to be brought back to reality by Judy's voice.

- For God shake's Ross, let the girl in.

- Right he awkwardly laughed. Come in. I should get going.

Rachel stared back at him until he disappeared down the street and after a while, the stairs led her to Monica's bedroom, which she entered after knocking softly a few times.

- Hey.

- What are you doing here?

- I hated how we left things last night. I don't want you to be mad at me.