Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Boyfriend

We didn't go back to school anymore. Pinakuha na lang namin ang mga gamit namin kay Kuya Rovic. And now, Mina is in the receiving area to wait for him. Akala ko ba hate niya? Then why was she preparing earlier?

Nakaupo ako sa stylist single sofa ni Mina, nakaharap sa bukas na glass wall patungong veranda. The wind from it is really different compared to the coldness from the aircon.

I can't help but reminisce about something. The day I started liking him. He visited Thalia with his boy cousins before, sa workshop namin para sa archery.

"Sino'ng tinitingnan mo?" Mina asked while I was currently staring at the familiar boy I've met the day of my mother's wedding.

I shook my head. "Wala," at nag-iwas ako ng tingin.

Tumawa si Mina at pinakialaman ang bow at arrow ko. Wala sina Cess at Kyla dahil may tournament ng badminton kaya magkasama sila.

"Are you looking at Kuya Mooze? At bakit ka namumula? Crush mo?" sabay hawi niya sa buhok ko para makita ang namumula kong mga pisngi.

I shook my head. "No... They were just really an eye turner because they're so close..." tukoy ko sa kasama n'yang babae. They were teasing each other since the Montevinskis came.

"Umamin ka na, crush mo si Kuya Mooze, ano?" pangungulit niya. Wala naman tao sa paligid namin kaya kahit maingay siya 'di ako natatakot.

"Hindi nga, Mina..." nahihiya kong sabi at nag-iwas ng tingin.

Mina kept on laughing. When she already stopped teasing me, and her attention was already on something else, my eyes went back to Mooze Diego.

It was the first time I saw him again. Nothing changed when it's about his looks. At kung sa ekspresyon naman, ganoon pa rin naman. He still has this aura that seems so ordering. He grew taller, and I couldn't believe I saw him that day again.

I don't know why I felt attached. Maybe because he was the first stranger that interacted with me when I came here. And he was nice towards me when I was suffering.

I lied when I denied that I don't like him. I know I was still young, but I felt like I liked him.

He got me even more with his smirks and laughs. He goes most of the time in our school because the dean of our campus is his grandfather. He was with his cousins and I noticed how he was naughty with girls. Kahit bata pa lang... mapaglaro na talaga siya.

I couldn't believe that he was hitting girls at his young age. At kahit bata pa lang ay usap-usapan na silang mga magpipinsan, kaya nakararating sa amin ang mga nagiging girlfriends niya tuwing linggo. Every week he has a new girlfriend.

I will admit, that really turned me off. He was so playful, and he takes girls like adventures he needs to experience to get better at relationships. He doesn't even pity those girls he's leaving broken-hearted. He only thinks of himself, and his happiness.

I know his age might justify his action, but then it was really wrong. I didn't know why he's so invested in it. Pakiramdam ko noon ay 'di siya naalagaan kaya nagrerebelde, but then his family is well oriented...

"Ano kayang problema niya?" I thought out loud while I was staring at him from our corridor.

"'Di naman gan'yan ang Kuya niya..." sabi ni Mina.

Kalaunan, nalaman niya na rin ang totoo. That I like him... Hindi ko kasi mapigilan ang pagtitig sa kan'ya noon. I was one of the girls who worshipped his expensive and bad outlook.