Zila Of Zopi

The bed was so comfy , the silk sheets and pillows sending Zila into a deep sleep. She dreamt of her friends , gathering around the coffee table laughing . It felt so real, their figures so materialised she could reach out and touch them.

" Zila , love , wake up now " , her eyes flickered open , seeing a girl standing there . Who was she? She was beautiful, blue eyes warm and dangerous like fire .
" Turn around" the beautiful girl commanded .

So she did. Zila rolled over . A gasp escaped her, and her body froze . It was her Mother . Staring right at her , eyes wide and soulless . Her body had paled , the usual brown of it now green and ghastly . She was dead . Her Mother was dead

Zila leaped from the bed , backing up towards the door. Her eyes widened when the girl began to laugh. It was pitchy and shrill. A shiver went down her spine . " What's so funny ? " Zila yelled , the girl replying by bending over laughing . She patted her knee, tears now forming .

" I'm sorry , that was rude , wasn't it? " The girl was taunting her .
" Oh come on , lighten up. You know I've basically been in isolation for thirty years? It gets to you. "
" Really? Because you seem like you have always been a crazy bitch " Zila spat the words , emphasising the last two.
" Unoriginal , Zila . I would say three out of five stars."
" What?"
" It's not your fault for being so terribly un-funny. You've always been like that. Your Mother was like that."
" You knew my Mother"
" Of course . She played quite the part in making me "
" Explain."
" All will come in time , nosy Zila. " she chuckled , then grabbed her hand . " For now , I have things to show you." Zila was pulled out of the room, stealing one last glance at her Mother's bloated corpse .

She was being led through her streets , the knot in her stomach tightening at the sights Zila was being shown. A black fog settled over the whole of her country. The green grass turned a sombre grey, her most precious flowers drooped down.

" Why are you showing me this? " Zila inquired .
" Because I'm showing you your actions Zila "
" My country is suffering because of the Dark Army , and no offense but you don't exactly seem the antithesis of that"
There was a few moments of silence before the girl spoke.
" Aron didn't explain everything I see "
" Well , he was about to and then you caused a mini earthquake . Thanks for that , by the way."
" Oh no problem, it was quite fun to watch you all frightened . " The girl abruptly stopped , turning to face Zila . " I am the Dark Army , silly girl "

Zila struggled to remain still. Her hands itched , desperate to wrap themselves around this girls hands until her eyes popped out of her head . This girl was the Dark Army. Or associated with it . Whatever , it didn't matter . This girl was part of the reason her people fought , the reason her Mother cried after visiting villages.

Zila stood tall, eyes meeting the girl's. " You are filthy. You are the last thing my country needs . I am the princess , and I will rule "
" Are you really still a princess if your kingdom is in ruin ? If there is no one left to rule other than corpses? "