Plan B: Paying Attention

After the first plan, Tendo has instructed Ushijima to spend time with Yano during lunch.

"Where's Tendo?" She asked every time Ushijima showed up by himself.

Tendo, who has already predicted what she would ask, told Ushijima to make excuses that he got called by a teacher. Remembering what Tendo has told him, Ushijima explained to her that he got called by a teacher once again, causing confusion to be written all over her face. "Again? Why does he always get called by them?"

Ushijima just shook his head. "Are you uncomfortable with me?"

Yano quickly denied it. "I enjoy spending lunch with you."

Ushijima felt a sense of relief when he heard her words. He let out a slight breathe that he didn't know he was holding.

After that interaction, she began to talk about the series she was currently watching. He made sure to make a few comments and reach to them from time to time. Tendo has told him beforehand that he should be careful not to cause any misunderstandings. She might think he was bored of her talking and his plan won't be a success.

As they continued their lunch together, he noticed some crumbs on the corner of her lips. He was about to tell her about it but stopped immediately when he remembered Tendo's advice on this type of situation. 'If she has something on her lips or anywhere, just wipe it for her!'

He instead grabbed a tissue and wiped it for her. When he pulled away, she had a shocked expression as she stopped talking. It looked like she was holding her breath as her face was gradually turning pink.

"Are you sick?" Ushijima asked as he placed his hand on her forehead, comparing it with his own temperature. 

When he did so, she turned red even further that she looked like she was about to burst any second. Being oblivious to her reaction, this caused him to be worried that he handed her his jacket. "Here, wear it."

She waved both of her hands in a frantic manner. "I-I'm not sick, Ushijima-kun!"

"But you are red right now. You might be catching a cold. Just take my jacket," he insisted.

Yano seems to hesitate but ended up accepting his jacket. When she wore it, Ushijima's eyes widen slightly at how huge his jacket was on her. 'She's so small. That's cute.'

Her eyes widen as well. "Ushijim-kun, I always knew that you were big, but I didn't think you were this big!"

She then tried to roll up the sleeves, but she appeared to have some trouble in doing so. Seeing this, Ushijima decided to help her out and rolled them up for her. When he was done, he heard her mumble a thank you which he just nodded his head as a response.

After lunch period was over, Tendo immediately asked Ushijima about what happened excitedly. "So?!"

"I followed your advice," Ushijima replied.

"How was her reaction?!"

"I think she was getting sick. She was turning red."

Tendo grinned wider as he laughed. "Wakatoshi-kun, she was blushing!"

"She's not sick?"

He shook his head. "It's a positive reaction!"

Ushijima nodded his head at Tendo's words. "So I'm making a process?"

Tendo nodded his head excitedly. "Good job, Wakatoshi-kun!"

"What do I do now?"

"Plan C!" Tendo grinned. "Just continue to believe in the miracle boy!"