Plan D: Asking Her on a Date

"What's the next plan?" Ushijima asked.

"You should go ask her out on a date!" Tendo said with excitement.

"Okay," he said. "What do I do on the date though?"

Tendo thought for a while. "Well, you mentioned that Yano likes talking to you. Why don't you go to a cafe? Make it simple."

"Is it enough for a date?"

Tendo nodded his head. "You don't need to do something fancy right now. Yano doesn't really like moving around anyway."

"When do I ask her?" Ushijima asked in confusion.

"Before she entered her dorm? I guess that will be the perfect timing," Tendo replied with a grin. "Good luck!"

Taking the advice of Tendo, he called out to Yano when he began to see her dorm. She just hummed as she looked at him, silently urging him to continue. "Do you want to go to a cafe together tomorrow?"

"Is that a date?" She blushed as she asked him. When she saw Ushijima nodding his head, Yano smiled as she nodded her head. 

Seeing her agree made Ushijima filled with happiness. It felt like the times when he plays volleyball.

Just like his usual days, he called Tendo after to tell him the progress. "She said yes."

"Of course she did!" Tendo exclaimed. "I'm going over to your room tomorrow!"

"Why?"

"To help you with your outfit! See you in the morning!" Tendo said before hanging up the phone.

Sticking to his words, Tendo showed up at Ushijima's door first thing in the morning. "Wakatoshi-kun, let's hurry!"

Ushijima let him in and Tendo immediately went through his closet. As Tendo looks through his pile of clothes, he exclaimed in disbelief. "Why are your clothes full of gym wear only?!"

"They are comfortable."

"I know that, but what are you going to wear for your date today?!" Tendo slapped his hand to his forehead. 

He continued to shuffle through Ushijima's closet until he made a sound of excitement. "Finally! You at least have an outfit that's not meant for the gym! Go wear them!"

Tendo pushed Ushijima to the bathroom with the outfit he managed to find. When Ushijima came out after changing, Tendo clapped his hands. "Perfect! Now off you go!"

Ushijima headed out of his dorm and waited for Yano in front of her dorm. Tendo told him that it was a nice way to surprise her. 

After few minutes of waiting, he heard the door open. he turned around to see Yano. She looked really pretty and to make it even better, she was wearing the clip he gave her. 

"Yano."

"Ushijima-kun!" She exclaimed in shock.

'Compliment her when you see her!' Tendo's advice rang in his head.

"You look pretty today," he told her.

She blushed as she averted her gaze to the floor. "You look h-handsome as well..."

They then began to head to her favourite cafe together. When they arrived, Ushijima told her that he will go buy the drinks. Yano nodded her head and said she will go save them a seat.

'Wakatoshi-kun, her favourite drink is peach flavoured ice tea! Don't tell her I told you that!' Ushijima successfully remembered what Tendo has told him and ordered the drinks. 

Once he received them, he headed to where Yano has saved them a spot. "Here."

She smiled as she accepted her drink. "How did you know I like this?"

"I just had a feeling."

"How much was this again? I'll pay you," she said as she shuffled through her bag.

"No need," Ushijima stopped her.

"But!" She tried to protest.

"You can treat me next time then," Ushijima said.

This caused her to smile slightly. "Is that another date?" 

Ushijima nodded his head which she smiled wider at. "I'm paying for our next date then!"

They spent time together in the cafe with Yano mostly doing the talking. Ushijima enjoyed listening to her while she on the other hand enjoyed talking to him. She loved how he never once got annoyed by her endless talking and actually listened to her word by word. However, from time to time she will ask him about volleyball and such to get to know him even better.

Time passes by quickly as the sun began to set that Ushijima offered to walk to her back like their usual days. This time, they walked in silence, enjoying each other's presence. Once they reached in front of her dorm, she turned to him with a smile. "I enjoyed today so much, Ushijima-kun!"

He just nodded his head in agreement. "I did as well."