‧ Chapter 2

A few weeks laterSmriti's POV

A few weeks later
Smriti's POV.

I scurry into the library. The day at college got over and there was about an hour left for the library to be closed too. Thankfully it had been open for the extra hour since all the professors and staff had some meeting at college.

Yes, one hour was more than enough to find two books but I just wanted to get the hell out of here to my hostel room.

It's not like wearing a kurti was uncomfortable, but I wasn't used to wearing it for this long since I had spend almost every single day before I came to college wearing a t-shirt, hoodie or a sweatshirt which I wasn't allowed to wear here.

I go inside one section and start searching for the books. College was quite hectic, to be honest. Assigments had been dumped on us by the first week itself and now that it's the third month, I didn't expect it to be any better.

I walk towards the other aisle of the section to get out of the shelves. I spot a familiar person sitting on one of the tables.

"Ashwin?", I call his name out as I walk towards him. He had gone to Bangalore for about two to three weeks for this internship he got and had been back today. But Aastha and I hadn't seen him at lunch or other free times, so I assumed he was at home taking the day off

"Hey.", he tells me when I walk by next to him. He looked pretty downcast and tired, as much as he tried to hide it.

"Are you okay?", I ask him worriedly as I sit next to him.

"Yeah, I think so.", he tells as he rubs his index and middle finger on his forehead.

"You don't look so to me, but you don't have to tell me if you're not comfortable", I tell him honestly, "but you could atleast talk to Bhavish about what's going on, since he's your best friend."

"I will tell him soon", he sighs,"you won't judge me will you?".

"I would never", I promise him,"But if anyone does, it shouldn't matter to you."

"I think it should if you do, you're a good friend of mine.", he tells which made me a little happy.

After he helped me out in walking through the college, we started talking. Not a lot, but a pretty good and comfortable amount and from what I noticed, we were similar and different in so many ways. I was awfully loud, spoke way too much and got very excited or worried about things whereas he didn't talk to people that easily and was quite calm most of the time.

The similarities were that we both were absolutely crazy about music, we believed in god but were secular and unlike most of the people of our age, we weren't into drinking alcohol or partying.

"Well, you never know. I mean, from what I've noticed we seem to be different which means that our opinions about things might vary.", I shrug, "Whatever's going on, just do what makes you feel better and happy."