‧Chapter 10

August, 2014

August, 2014.

Ashwin's POV

"I'm so excited.", Smriti squeals and jumps excitedly as we make our way to the ticket counter.

"It's nothing that huge.", I shrug it off, "I mean, it is huge for my pretty much non-existent acting career. But I'm just going to be on the screen for like, five seconds or something. Not a big deal."

"Bro, just say one thing. Big deal or not a big deal, you can't say both of it.", Bhavish tells me.

"He'll say 'not a big deal' only.", Aastha giggles, "We're talking about the king of modesty here."

"Y'all are annoying.", I whine after telling the staff at the ticket counter which movie we needed the tickets for.

"Fine then let's leave.", Smriti tells as she grabs Aastha's hand.

"And you're too dramatic.", I roll my eyes at Smriti as I pull her back by her hand.

"You still love me though.", she pokes her tongue out.

"That I do.", I sigh dramatically.

"Here we go, they're back to PDA mode again.", Aastha groans.

"We barely even did anything, you guys are acting so much that you could even join Ashwin and go for auditions", Smriti tells them as she rolls her eyes.

"I can't help but wonder why I spend time with you guys.", I complain and collect the tickets.

"We're the most amazing people you could ever have around, you know that.", Bhavish tells.

"Okay I have tickets now, shall we go and watch the movie?", I ask them and we all make our way inside the theatre.

"I'm really excited for this.", Bhavish tells and the girls agree with him.

"It's nothing big you guys.", I groan as we all make our way to the seats.

"Sure, it's not everyday someone makes it on the screen Ashwin.", Aastha tells me.

"You know what, she's right. I mean you're being way too modest. I know you don't want this to get into your head too much but do give yourself some credit too.", Smriti tells me with a small smile.

"It helps me keep grounded.", I shrug at her.

"I get that but a little credit to yourself wouldn't keep you floating either.", Bhavish tells me.

"Yeah, he's right. It also makes all that hard work feel worth too you know?", Aastha adds.

"Hmm, that makes sense. I'll work on that.", I tell them with a smile.

They were so supportive to me, always.

"Let's goooo.", Smriti tells excitedly as we all rush inside the theatre.

We take our seats and wait for the movie to begin.

"Kathai Thiraikathai Vasanam Iyakkam", the name of the movie appears on the screen and we all shift in our seats excitedly.

And then after some time, the actor Arya's cameo begins and the audience start hooting as soon as he appears on the screen.

One day, one day.

"Guys I'll be on the screen in a bit, I guess.", I tell them.

"Wait that's you.", Smriti exclaims in a bit and the three of them whoop and cheer.

"Guys you want us to get kicked out of the theatre or what?", I frown.

"Aren't we supposed to cheer for our best friend or what?", Bhavish asks me.

"I was literally on the screen for two seconds, it's nothing.", I try to wave it off but on the other hand, I was also grinning at the fact that I had the most supportive friends.

"Exactly and we're cherishing that. Let us hype you up a bit na.", Aastha tells him.

"Okay now I think we all need to shut up or else we'll get kicked out because y'all are literally fighting now. Let's finish watching the movie in peace", Smriti interjects.

"Okay mom.", Bhavish mumbles and Smriti slaps his arm.

We watch rest of the movie in silence and then leave the theatre.

"Guys, I have another news to say.", I tell and they all halt on the spot.

"What is it?", Smriti asks with her eyebrow raised.

"My first short film comes out soon.", I tell them with a grin.

"Really??", Bhavish asks him and he nods his head in excitement.

"That's amazing Ashwin.", Aastha tells as she gives me a pat of the back.

We wait for sometime and then catch autos; Bhavish and Aastha in one and Smriti and me in another one.

"I'm so proud of you.", Smriti tells me as she interlinks her hand in mine.

"Thank youuu, I just hope it gets better.", I tell her.

"This is just the beginning, it does get better from now.", she tells me with a small smile and I smile back at her.

Author's note:

Harish Kalyan and Ashwin in Oh Manapenne 😳 I hope they're atleast in one scene together because I've casted both of them as best friends in this book, it'll be kinda nice 👀

I hope you liked this chapter!

Lots of love
~Saisha.

Published on: 20 October 2021