‧Chapter 6

February, 2013

February, 2013

A few weeks later
Smriti's POV

"Ashwiiiiiiin. I need to study.", I giggle as he tries to catch my attention.

"You're always studying.", he whines as he places his chin on my shoulder.

"I have to, if I score less my parents won't let me live. We don't want that do we.", I sigh as I rub my eyes.

"Take a break sometimes though, you study over here and then at the hostel. Don't stress yourself too much.", he advices me.

"Yeah you're right.", I sigh, "I don't know why I just get so worried I won't do well."

"You put in a lot of effort, of course you'll do well.", he comforts me as he places his hand on mine and rubs my palm with his thumb.

"Thank you.", I give him a smile and lean my head on his shoulder, "I need to stop thinking so much."

"You really need to, you're doing great already okay.", he says as he places a kiss on the top of my forehead.

"Careful, if the librarian sees you then assume we're both dead.", I giggle.

"She isn't here.", he grins at me, "she was leaving to go somewhere when I came in, the security guard will be closing the library today."

I yawn as I rub my eyes tiredly and Ashwin looks at me in concern. "You need to go to your hostel now and sleep.", he advices me.

"But I also want to spend time with you.", I whine, "you're getting graduated in about three to four months."

"I'll still be here in Coimbatore, you know that. You go get some rest, you look like you'll fall asleep any second.", he ruffles my hair.

"Fine.", I sigh, "where shall we go out this weekend?".

"We'll take care of that later, first you're going and sleeping.", he instructs me.

"Ashwinnn.", I whine and he gives me a look.

"You're such a dad.", I grin at him.

"First of all I'm your boyfriend, so don't say that cause it's weird", he tells as we make our way out of the campus, "also, do you think your dad would like me?".

"Personality wise, hell yeah. You're kind, sweet and a total gentleman.", I list his qualities.

"You're too sweet to me.", his cheeks turn red and he places his hand around my shoulder.

"I didn't add anything extra, I just told things about you.", I state, "but then, he'd kill me and then kill you because we got into a relationship in college."

"Then when would he be okay with you dating?", he asks me curiously.

"Well, he said he's okay with me dating after I get a job.", I remember my conversation with him, "but nevertheless, I don't trust him. I'm pretty sure whichever guy I bring, no matter how nice he is I don't think he'll let me marry them so who cares, I'll just marry someone and surprise him."

"No way, you'll actually do that?", he laughs.

"Not like I have any other option", I shrug, "Everything that I've done till now, including studying engineering is to make my parents happy and now I'll just focus on mine."

"Do I make you happy?", he asks me dubiously.

"Of course you do.", I smile at him as I slip my hand into his.

I love you.

God I wanted to say it so bad.

But it had only been about two to three months since we started dating, I didn't want to scare him off by saying too soon.

It probably wasn't too soon but I felt so.

"Hello?'", he tells me as he waves his hand in front of my face.

"Sorry.", I apologise as I get out of my thoughts.

"Are you okay?", he looks at me with concern.

"Totally, what were you saying?", I ask him as we make our way infront of the bus stop and wait for the usual bus to my hostel come.

"Where shall we go this weekend?", he asks me.

"You know anything's fine with me.", I giggle.

"It's so weird how we haven't been to a so called 'proper date'?", he asks me.

"Hm, maybe not.", I muse, "I mean, it's not like we have anything except what our parents give us for basic stuff in college. So it's absolutely fine."

"Shall we go out for street food tomorrow then?", he suggests.

"I'm in, it's a date.", I tell as the bus comes infront of the bus stop.

What we had was deep and beautiful but yet simple.

Author's note:

Aha I'm back! Sorry for not updating for so long and also updating a super short one🥴 I hope this one was good enough.

Also I just wanted to add that it might seem like it's all progressing so fast and I'm sorry XD There's so much more left to the story and I don't want to book being way too long.

I put on a new cover for the book which is made by SurrealSolitude  :)) If you have any requests for graphics you could ask her, her work is really good. Thank you so much for this <3

And on another note, I've decided to take up the pen name Saisha so I would be comfortable if you refer to me with that name

Until the next chapter!

Lots of love,
Saisha :)

Published on: 15 August 2021