Part - VIII

"Ai Joong stop teasing." I scolded him concentrating on trying to control my fast beating heart.

 "I'm not even teasing you." He replied immediately and from his tone I was sure he was sulking. Tsk. "Nine do you want to know the person whom I really like?" That sudden question caught me off guard. 

Yes I had asked him a few days earlier about his special one which he never shared about. I even remember teasing him about that when he didn't answer. But suddenly now I wasn't prepared to hear the answer. There was an unknown feeling, a sudden excitement and a curiosity which kept me busy. 

"Well I don't know how you will react to it. You wanted to know about the person who is my special one and I really feel he is special for me. And I want him to be special only for me." He was whispering slowly making my blood rush boiling with excitement. And wait did I hear it correct? HE? HIM? It was a guy?

I couldn't digest that much information gaping with mouth wide open. I couldn't answer. Couldn't even form a sentence at this point. 

The time seemed to almost stop as he spoke the next words "Its you." And I had lost it. 

I pulled the brake harshly slamming my head against the steering and another car hit mine at the back resulting in a loud crashing sound. Joong's serious "Are you okay?", " Nine what happened?", "Nine can you hear me?" was going on in the background. But before I could answer him everything blackened.

. . . . . . 

"You stupid, dumb who confesses their feelings this dangerously? Huh? What if he had died after hearing your feelings for him? I'm so done with you." Ben's beautiful ushering woke me up from my beautiful dream. Yes it must be a dream, a crazy dream of Joong confessing to me. What an idiot I was.

"Oh you woke up?" Ben came running to me as I tried to sit up struggling to understand where I was. Well it wasn't my dorm for sure and oh I'm so dumb it was a hospital. 

I tilted my head looking at both of them, one of which Joong, was sitting with a very grief-stricken face.

 "Am I dead?" I asked confused because believe me Joong's face was nothing better than a widow who lost his husband recently.

 "If you hadn't hit your head already I would have seriously smacked you. Have both of you lost your brain? How can you be dead when I'm speaking with you Ai' Nine?" Ben replied gritting his teeth. I nodded. Yes he had a point.

 "And Joong stop giving that look. He is alive. You don't have to practice for his funeral."

"Why am I getting scolded when I'm injured and also just woke up now? Shouldn't you be asking how am I feeling?" I asked blinking at him.

"Are you okay Nine from almost dying because of your lover's confession? You know both of yours names are to be written in gold. A lover's confession almost took the other's life." He highlighted the last sentence putting more force in it. 

"Ai Ben will you shut up now? You have been blabbering for almost an hour now. Give your mouth some rest." Joong finaly spoke breaking the silence and getting up to approach me.

"Yeah sure I'll be quiet now and I need to make a call to other's updating them. And you two if you have any confessions left do it now. We can't find a better place than hospital." He suggested making Joong roll his eyes at Ben. I would have done the same if I didn't have the injury.

As soon as Ben left the atmosphere became quiet, as if we didn't have anything to say while I had hundreds of questions swimming inside my head.

I broke the silence first asking the only question which was throbbing my head. "Did you really mean what you said earlier?" At this point I was sure I wasn't dreaming so I needed the answers.

He didn't speak, just laced our fingers together nodding. My instincts were telling me that he was serious but I chose to play dumb not believing my own ears. 

"Stop teasing." I said watching him intently. He looked up at me and without even giving a warning leaned forward pressing his lips to me giving a quick peck. I was sure I was blushing beet red but for now I could care less about that focusing more on those intense eyes which were speaking so many things at the same time.

It wasn't that we didn't do anything intimate like this earlier, we even did far more than this but that was in scripts with lights and cameras flashing around. But this was not scripted and this was in between us, just us.

"I like you Nine. I like you. I don't know from when or how but I like you. And I can't live without you." He spoke so easily while I was having a hard time processing everything without doing something stupid. Although my heart was telling me that he was 200% serious judging from his sincere expression but I still wanted to test. 

"Are you sure about what you are saying?" I asked again. But never did I ever dream such a reply from him.

His eyes started watering as soon as the question left my mouth and within no time he started sobbing making my eyes go round in shock. "When I heard...about this accident, I thought I had lost you forever without even getting the chance to tell you...about my feelings for you properly. If something had happened to you....I will not be able to live." He held his heart bare in front of me and I just stared at him not knowing how to react.

That day I had made him cry unintentionally not knowing that I would have to repay for it one day.