Part - XX

"Joong take this." Dome offered me a drink but I just shhok my head. "No I'll have to drive." I said denying his offer. He looked a bit hurt but smiled anyway sitting beside Ben. I was sitting at a corner listening to Earth babbling non stop. 

"Earth for God's sake can you just shut up for a while? Bro my ears are bleeding." I finally protested weakly.

"Ohh you are such an ungrateful ass. But nevermind I don't waste my precious time on people who doesn't value my time. I'm off to Ben." He muttered angrilly stumbling his way to Ben.

"He just needs a reason to cling to Ben." I chukled glancing at a drunk Pavel flirting with the girls on the opposite table.

It was a farewell party arranged for one of our senior actor. And we were all invited including Nine and Liuyu one of which, that is Nine though looked not very well, probably too drunk. Liuyu was constantly trying to stop him but today Nine was too determined in everything he was doing.

"Joong I might go to that table to talk with the ladies." Pavel whispered to me smirking a bit. 

"No you're not leaving me alone." I grabbed his leg stopping him to getting up.

"Why don't you look for someone too not just sitting here playing a staring game with your ex-boyfriend?" He teased me getting irritated.

"I-I'm not staring at Nine. And what game?" I stuttered shamefully.

"First you will be gaping at him and then when you look away he will be gaping at you. C'mon dude be a grown up if you want to say something just say it not just eyeing each other." He answered sarcastically making me shocked. 

"Nine is staring at me?" I asked bewildered.

"Yes. He is." 

I looked back immediately to really catch him staring at me. And he surprisingly didn't even falter his eyes. His hooded eyes looking straight at me making me gulp unconciously. 

And the shock didn't even ceize completely before he started to walk or stumble or almost danced his way to me. 

"I'm going." Pavel finally jerked my hand off running away to the the other table. 

I didn't even give him an eye, my eyes solely focused on the drunk Nine making his way to me. He was just few steps away from me when he suddenly lost footing and I, out of my instinct caught him ready to be pushed by him, just like all those times he had tried to push me away, avoiding any kind of physical contact with me.
But the push never came as he on the contrast leaned more on me as if finding a comfortable place in my embrace and he finally heaved a deep peaceful sigh as he tucked his head under my chin and nuzzled his nose in my neck.
"I miiiiissssssed this." He slurred.
My breath hitched as I felt a wet kiss planted on the Bob of my neck.

"Nine you are drunk." I gathered my voice whispering to him.
He nodded clumsily his soft sweet hair tickling my jaw.
"Why did you drink so much when you know that you can't tolerate?" I tried to scold him, an old habit.
"I can....tolerate now. I'm not that we...weak anymore." He replied in between hiccups.
Finally I wrapped my arms around his lean waist pulling him more closer, securing him in my chest. Truth to be told I myself missed this and I wasn't half mad at him for being drunk right now when I could hold him. Although it would have been better if he was sober but still I was satisfied.
I couldn't help but sniff a bit in his hair taking the beautiful smell of him. Oh how I loved doing that.

"Joooong I love you." His muffled voice send small butterflies to my stomach. Oh how I wanted to hear that from his mouth.
I rubbed his back slightly whispering into his ear what at that time came in my mind.
"I love you too."
I couldn't see his face so I didn't knew how his expression was but he just bit my neck sucking it afterwards clearly planning to leave a mark but I didn't complain just closed my eyes and sealed my lips squeezing him in my arms.
"I know you are lying." He said next and a hushed sob leaving his mouth.
Really wasn't I lying? But why was it hard to confess to him that yes I was just lying playing along with him because he didn't love me actually right?
"Why did you change Joong?" He repeated the same question he had asked that day before he left me, this time crying loudly while hitting my arms softly while the other hand secured in my collar holding it tightly.

"It's you who changed Nine, it's you." The comment stumbled out of my mouth on its own with a soft pain hiding behind that tone.

"I'm sorry for everything. I promise I'll change. I will not be childish but please don't go to him. Please don't replace me Joong." His whole frame shook as he sobbed in my shirt leaving me speechless. He was drunk probably that is why he was talking things that didn't make any sense any more.
Or else why would he say those things when he had moved on long ago from me?
I didn't reply or react to it, let him dig his nails in my arms trying to hold back his loud sobs and cry on me, until he passed out just like that.

If only you had stayed that day then everything would have been different. If only the things you said were true and in proper senses then I would have told you how much I still love you. I spoke internally closing my eyes feeling the weight of his body on me, and the familiar warmth in it.