Part - XXIII

"Nine please talk with me. Open the door please." I banged the door again impatiently. I didn't expect him to react this way. I could only mouth a sorry after my explanation when he cut the call and I knew if I wanted to talk with him it couldn't be done in phone. So here I was.

"Joong if you break the door I swear I will bar you from even entering my house." Liuyu barked from the living room.

I breathed out heavily before plopping on the floor.
"Alright if you don't open the door I won't move from here." I said stubbornly stretching myself infront of his door.

I looked up to see a smirking Liuyu peeking from the hallway. I ignored his presence leaning on the door trying to get a comfortable posture since I could already feel the amount of coaxing that will be needed to bring him out and have a decent talk.

"Nine I'm still here waiting if you think I've walked away." I reminded him almost after half an hour without getting any reply from him. I had even started to doubt Liuyu whether Nine was really there or there was some secret door in his room letting him run.

"Then go away. It's of no use sitting here." The muffled voice cleared my doubts.

"I already stated my condition. Come out or let me in to talk with you. Then if you want to push me away I'll go." I bargained again. Not in my wildest of dreams I'm letting you go again. I promise. I mentally added.

Everything became silent again making me go back to my posture waiting for him until suddenly the door knob turned slowly and the door creaked open slightly. I couldn't make out his structure in the darkness but I knew he was there behind that door.

And I didn't need another hint as I pushed the door further sliding in through the minimum space he provided me with.

He looked over me unbothered drowning himself in a huge shirt which I believe wasn't his to begin with. My eyes went into slits as they roamed over his body examining the shirt intensely.

"Whose shirt is it?" I couldn't help but counter him in a jealous tone. He lazily turned around walking over to his bed not answering me.

Although I wanted to know the answer but I kept quiet for now, the talk was more important than jealousy. But that didn't mean I couldn't eye that foreign shirt sharply.

"Stop staring at the shirt and say what you want to say." He mumbled.

"I told you already. I'm sorry for everything I did. I'm sorry for slapping you." I repeated again.

"Joong do you think it was just a slap that you had given me forcing me to leave you." Nine asked in a soft but steady voice looking at me.

"I- I'm. I don't know Nine I am such an idiot." I felt so helpless infront of him, so small compared to his tiny frame.

"Joong you didn't just slap me but you had slapped my trust on you, my love for you, my self respect, my promise. You had broken everything with that." His voice quivered at the end. And I wanted to comfort him so bad but I kept myself rooted to the ground.

"I'm sorry. I know this simple sorry can't mend anything and neither do I have anything to defend myself with. But please Nine can't you forgive me for the last time? I promise I'll never be such a fool ever again. And this time I'll keep my promise at any cost." I watched him fighting internally to break down but he held himself strong, digging his nails into the sheets.

"Please Nine we've both hurt each other enough. But I can't live without you. Can you not give us a second chance? Let's not make it anymore painful. Please Nine." I kneeled down infront of him crying sobbing softly. I could feel him crying silently too and then a pair of tiny hand made its way to my shoulder pulling me up from the ground.

And I was hugged tightly. His body relaxing my heart which was not a second ago paining so much.

"I love you Nine. Please be mine again." I whispered while kissing his forehead.
"But before that please slap me with all the anger you have got inside you, for hurting you so much, for being such a stupid." I requested putting his palm on my cheeks and his eyes instantly grew round in shock.

"Joong no. I can't." He tried to remove his hand but I held it tightly.

"Please Nine I need this." I pleaded nodding.

He hesitated at first before landing a weak slap across my left cheek.

"This is for doubting my love." He stated and I could only smile at that.

Another even weaker slap. "This is for forcing me to break my promise." I smiled through my tears mirroring his expression.

A little bit hard slap. "This is for thinking that I don't love you anymore." This time I chuckled, closing my eyes waiting for the next one.

But it never came, instead a pair of soft lips smacked themselves against mine. "This is for making me wait so long." He whispered against my lips. I smiled cheekily this time grabbing his waist and pulling him closer to me.

"I love you too dumb." He breathed out on my nose as I pressed my forehead against his, watching him.

"Still feisty ayy?" I teased him earning a faint protest from him but he still didn't move away from the position.

Instead he flicked my ears hard making me wince in pain and leave his waist.

"What was that for?" I asked trying to grab him again as he slipped through my hands sticking his tongue out.

"That was for getting jealous over your own shirt." He smiled sarcastically watching me go all surprised.