Chapter 9

A/N: sorry I took so long to update. Love you guys. Enjoy, my lovelies.

MARGARET'S POV

I sit on my bed, stunned. I'm not crying, I've already used up all my tears. Now I'm just sitting there, too shocked to do anything. Alfred comes in the room and sits next to me. He starts rubbing my back, comforting me. He doesn't know what's wrong, or what happened, but he knows I need to be comforted. He knows that I'll tell him when I'm ready. I think I'm ready now.

I take a deep breath and open my mouth. My voice is hoarse from all the crying. "A...Alfred...." I manage to croak out. "Yes, darling?" He replies. "Bridgette... she... isn't right....She's got something seriously wrong, and... they're trying, Alfie... they really are trying to figure out what it is..."

I guess I haven't run out of tears, because I start crying again. I see Alfred trying not to cry. He's trying to stay strong to convince me she'll be okay. The moment he thinks I can't see him, though, he starts crying too. Why us? Why does this have to happen to our wonderful little Bridgette? What did we do to deserve this? I usually try to be optimistic, but I just don't see how any good can come out of this.

BRIDGETTE'S POV

I wake up still in this bloody hospital. I might as well press the button that calls the nurse. To let them know that I'm awake. What the bloody hell!?! Why can't I move!?!??!? Just then a doctor and a nurse come in. "We figured it out! We figured out what you have!! Nurse Joan, please call Miss Porter's parents and let them know."

The nurse goes to call me mum and paps. The doctor walks over to me. "Miss Porter... I'm sorry to tell you, but you have GBS. Guillain-Barré syndrome."

A/N: CLIFF HANGER!!! lol sorry guys.

Definition of Guillain-Barre syndrome : Guillain-Barre syndrome is a serious disorder that occurs when the body's defense (immune) system mistakenly attacks part of the nervous system. This leads to nerve inflammation that causes muscle weakness.

Causes, incidence, and risk factors: Guillain-Barre syndrome is an autoimmune disorder (the body's immune system attacks itself). Exactly what triggers Guillain-Barre syndrome is unknown. It often follows a minor infection, such as a lung infection. Most of the time, signs of the original infection have disappeared before the symptoms of Guillain-Barre begin. Guillain-Barre syndrome damages parts of nerves. This nerve damage causes tingling, muscle weakness, and paralysis. Guillain-Barre syndrome most often affects the nerve's covering (myelin sheath). Such damage is called demyelination, and it causes nerve signals to move more slowly. Damage to other parts of the nerve can cause the nerve to stop working altogether.