Sleeping over

Da In's POV

"Where's your car, by the way?" I asked her, "it's at the mechanic, so I took a cab to work today," she answered.

"Don't you think you are irrational?" I asked after a moment of silence.

"Why do you think so?" she asked back. We were currently leaving her office.

"Well, you are following a total stranger to his house," I exclaimed. "We can't really be considered"strangers," now can we?" she emphasized the word stranger, "no, I can't say that now, huh?" I laughed, remembering the time we spent that.

As we approached the exit to the hospital, Amethyst stopped and put on a mask and a cap. "What are you wearing?" I asked, "you are really famous, you know that, right?" she queried, "yeah, I know," I answered.

"That means you get followed around by camera people, so I've got to hide this pretty face," she answered, cupping her face in her hands. I laughed at her attempt at being cute, "ahnn, what's wrong? Don't I look cute?" she pouted, "yes, you do," I agreed.

Just then, Yeol-mu gurgled. It was as if he was trying to remind us he was still present. Amethyst quickly put on her disguise and carried him from my hand. We had a long conversation on our way to my house, "but how did you get a cap?" I asked, "oh, I borrowed it from a friend of mine," she said, looking back at Yeol-mu.

When we got to my house, she unstrapped the baby and carried him inside while I carried in his bag.

"How old do you think he is?" I asked her, "he is 7 months and 33 days" she spoke so confidently, "wow, that's incredible, how do you know that, and I don't?" I asked.

"I've been his doctor since he was born. His mother liked me, so she decided that I was one of their best choices," she said, proudly smiling.

The baby suddenly became oddly quiet. I almost thought he was asleep.

"Seems like he's hungry," she observed, "how did you even know?" I asked her, "my little brother was like that anytime he was hungry, and I also felt his belly," she explained, poking the child's tummy.

I guess her being a pediatrician would aid her in knowing lots of stuff about kids. I should have thought about that before asking stupid questions.

"Give me the baby bag," she ordered.

I gave her the bag, and the next thing I knew, she was boiling water, mixing up his milk and cereal, then she added in hot water and mixed it all in. She set the food down and let it cool. When the food cooled down a bit, she started feeding him. And she really looked like a mother. After she finished feeding the child, he started crying again.

"I think he needs to be changed," she said.

"We need to change him?" I asked in pure horror, "yes, it isn't that hard; he just pooped," she said.

"What!?" I screamed, and Yeol-mu giggled, "not him thinking that it's funny," she said, smiling at the baby. We changed him and cleaned up. A while later, he slept off.

And now it was time to ask the questions, "do you wanna play 20 questions?" I asked her, "sure," was her short reply,

"How did you know who I was?" "Well, it wasn't really hard. The media keeps tabs on your family. So when you told me your name, I remembered that I had heard somewhere that you were back from studying abroad, and I just connected the dots," she confessed.

"Why did you study law abroad?" she asked, "well, I always wanted to become a lawyer, but my parents were against it, so I left to study abroad, "I answered.