Chapter 7 : Deep Down On The Soul

So it had happened no matter how much he had hated her, no matter how much force he had deployed to destroy her, all his thoughts, all his failures, he had given in. He had found himself helpless in the face of this monster of insight and argumentation. She had been able to convince him and now he felt guilty. When she had returned to work the next day with her bandages, the reaction of her friends, this anxiety in their eyes. They had rushed to her asking what had happened. She had simply replied that she had slipped under her shower thus protecting the butterfly from a rain of reproaches. Better yet she would have defended him tooth and nail if someone had only dared to suspect him . Pouf had changed in spite of himself, something even tiny in him had changed, but this change imperceptible to any other did not go unnoticed by Senritsu. She heard a completely different musicality, slower more nonchalant and honeyed. The notes of his soul were as if surrounded by a strange frosting of sweetness. He seemed as if soothed.
No one would have been able to doubt at this moment his honesty...

                   ******************

It had been a really trying day, Mr. Nostrad seemed particularly concerned for some reason. And as for her daughter Neon she had exhausted her with her shopping still dozens of outfits that she would probably never put on. In addition a more than ordinary working day with the same small rituals the same greetings the same dinners.
[Y/N] finally came out of the shower relaxed and rested.
She went to her room to put on her pajamas that she had missed since the morning when a smell from the kitchen reached her nostrils. It was sweet and spicy . She did not pay much attention to it at first except for the fact that it opened her appetite greatly.
As she put on her stockings she began to think that is what could smell as good especially as she had not yet prepared anything for the meal so this smell.... She hastened to descend four by four the stairs and saw for her greatest pleasure but to her amazement the butterfly behind the stoves a dark apron surrounding his  waist.
As usual he was calm and she went her head over his shoulder to see what he was tampering with. His nose had not deceived him and he was indeed preparing a tika chicken.

"I can taste it asked wisely

-Obviously

The latter handed her a spoon and she used it. She inspected the flavors, the aromas all in the sauces were perfectly spicy and there was nothing to report.
It was strangely good.

"All this worried me, she resumed by holding her chin

Pouf  turned sharply to the young woman with an attentive air

-What then?

-I don't know... It's been a while since you did an attempt on my life, in addition to that you decided to dine with me recently and now you cook me a little dish without obviously trying to poison me.
Are you doing well, she did  with a dramatic and hyperbolic air.He watched her make her great gestures and mimics as she spoke. But she wasn't entirely wrong in the background

-More seriously what is the reason for this sudden change ?

It is true that he had not yet said a word about it. He had merely acted refusing to admit that he had resolved to serve it of his own free will.

The last words that my king addressed to me, he began weakly, were "you are in the service of this woman from now on"... No matter what I do nothing will change them.
I could try to deny...
In a way you have been able to give meaning to this sentence you have given me a reason to want to be at your service.  In your eyes I had value even though I took you and you continued to accept me despite my attempted murder. So as on the one hand it did not lead to anything and on the other you did not give up I knew how to admit my defeat this time. Taking your life would no longer make sense...