Chapter 17 : Legacy And Feelings

It  was only 6 days. 6 days ago still, they were partying all joyful 6 days ago still it seemed to them to see her still smiling 6 days ago still she was there, alive there with them. There are still 6 days. But now they were all gathered with their faces closed around her coffin. Many could not believe how such a young girl had she could simply end her life what sign they had not been able to see? What is this hidden? But no matter how much they could torture their minds it wouldn't bring her back, Neon Nostrad was well and truly dead and nothing would change that.
[Y/N] could just not believe it, at her birthday party she still seemed fully fulfilled and sane, of course her father abandoned her and of course she no longer had such an important role within the mafia organization not to say non-existent but for all that she had the right to all the attention that a young woman could dream of having from her bodyguards or her maids on their part. So what had happened? Why did she do that? It was fishy...
No, she couldn't believe it. She sadly raised her head to see decomposed faces, Kurapika and Senritsu more than stoic, nothing could be read of them. Then her gaze moved gently towards Elisa this one was in tears, of all the people present it must have been the closest to Miss Neon.
The [h.c] gently approached the one with purple hair and took her quietly in his arms, letting her express all her sadness. Pufu had stayed a little behind, he did not really know how to react, he did not really know the girl or at least had no opinion about her. So he felt no particular pain. He understood, however, the importance of her death in the days to come that nothing would ever really be the same again. After the funeral and according to all custom there was a kind of very intimate reception, this one had nothing of the splendor of all the others and the heavy heart the guests drank to forget their pain remembering between them the capricious girl she made.

[Y/N] was near the buffet and did not move nevertheless she had not served herself anything to drink, she wanted to keep the ideas as clear as possible. She still seemed perfectly in shock and in deep denial even a few hours earlier she had seen with her own eyes the earth covering her coffin. But in her mind it was too irrational, she had tried so hard to make up for it to give her time but for all that it had not been enough and somewhere if she was dead now it was a bit of her fault. But what she tells herself, if she had not arrived in their life then the girl Nostrad would have already ended her life a few weeks before. In fact, she never recovered from losing her nen and she would have been even more angry if this incident had caused the loss of the family. But as another young woman came into their lives, she put the clan back on its feet and soon no one needed the blue-haired one anymore .
At first she was really happy and felt relieved she was going to be able to try to recover her nen without anyone pressing her who knows maybe it would work it. She felt so stupid sometimes, in the past she would have given anything so that her father would leave her a little quiet and that he would stop asking her for predictions as she was exhausted but in recent months she would have given everything she had so that he still needed her. Finally she had gone a long way... Light Nostrad, with a cautious step, walked towards her fetish employee, staring at her gently, and he asked her to go and discuss privately what she accepted without much difficulty. They then both moved away from the hustle and bustle of the main room to one of the upstairs bedrooms. Immediately the bereaved father sat at the edge of the bed and invited the young woman to do the same. She complied even though the situation made her very uncomfortable.

"-I can't believe it, he said.
   She was all I had left... 

-I am sorry Mr. Nostrad.

-It doesn't matter. I mean no matter how sad we will be or how much we cry she will not come back. But I know one thing now. I do not want to repeat the same mistakes.

- I understand, but you should not have to take responsibility for it alone, she breathed compassionately

-If you really understand my point of view you will not see any problem with his guard now providing you protection.