Chapter 9 : My pillar

Test number 3 was going to be complicated to say the least.
On the second day they had been deposited in front of a huge dark cube covered with luminescent inscriptions. They were strongly invited to return. The door closed behind them and was therefore completely locked. Once again a voice resounded in the dark room it was the same as in the first test. The only instruction she announced was "you have 18 hours to get out of this cube beyond this time you will be   eliminated"
Pouf analyzed the best that he could the surroundings a cube has six sides so there must be at least 6 doors one per side by which they had entered being blocked it must then remain at least 5.
The question then was where those doors were. He advanced towards one of the walls and began to pat it some of the participants understood what the butterfly was doing and began to do it in their turn. When one of the doors was discovered the other 5 doors illuminated and opened. Above them a counter exposed 3 minutes. According to all logic, they therefore had this period of time to choose which door they would like to use. That of the top, the bottom, the North, the south or the east?  At least one of them was certainly to lead to a trap room but for Pouf the answer was obvious he would go through the north gate.  Advance around 12pm no matter what"
Of course few participants followed him alone the number 627, and a dozen other participants including the one who had understood first the actions of the butterfly followed him. Thus they were 12 to pass through the North. Finally the most unfortunate were those who wanted to go from the top because the rope led nowhere and they ended up locked in a room of 6 square meters and no higher than 1m20. They had arrived at the number of 203
5 minutes after the start of the event they were already only 176.
Pouf 's group arrived at another Room again 2 doors were offered to them. One on the left and one on the right. Without thinking the butterfly went to the right the others followed it so they made about twenty rooms that also led them from left to right so that they had the impression at one point of turning in circles.  The participants began little by little to think they were stuck but the butterfly had taken care during his choices to avoid returning to one of the previous rooms and to make sure that they did not go back on their step he had left in each room one of these cells so he could affirm that they did not turn in circles. After some uncertainty and a slap in the face they finally arrived in a large room where this time 5 doors opened in front of them. . 2 to south 2 to east 1 to north. The former guard continued on its way north, only number 627 and number 94 followed him. The other 9 took the remaining 4 doors that led all to one of the previous rooms so they were now stuck in the maze. As a result, only 167 candidates remained after the first hour had passed.

  *****************

On a very dark night which covered the city of Yorkshin with a strange penumbra, atrocious cries and rifle shots by the hundreds could be heard in the distance there towards the coast.
A massacre was in the offing... In the surroundings everything was nothing but silence life seemed more to the West that night. The field was completely free, the terrified prey glued to each other, back to back.  One of the men holding his gun tightly was looking around with a panicked eye. Where had he gone?
This furious madman was somewhere and was waiting for him, he cast a quick glance at his men now all on the ground, one with his neck twisted the other the body riddled with cards the last totally dismembered. Their faces were frozen in a striking terror the pupil transparent and dilated as possible. Their blood now covering the concrete floor hard and no more noise reigned.
He was alone and he would shoot the first person who approached. He was going to kill this mother fucker!
As he cautiously advanced towards a lamppost a noise behind him caught his attention he hastened to shoot in this direction without stopping without bothering to aim hoping to touch him when he felt a strong pressure in the chest. He turned around and faced a pretty [h.c] who was currently holding his heart in his hands. He curl up heavily on the ground trying as hard as he could to spit out a "bitch" before puncturing.
She watched the man empty himself of his blood with a neutral air. She didn't care that he was suffering. The first thing she did when she saw the glow fade in her eye was to quickly wipe her hands.