𝑖. Mud Fights and Insults

( KISS, DON'T TELL ! )

❛ 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘴 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘪𝘥𝘺𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘤 𝘣𝘭𝘪𝘴𝘴 ❜

THE FIRST THING THAT MARGOT noticed when she took a tender step outside was how insatiably cold it was

THE FIRST THING THAT MARGOT noticed when she took a tender step outside was how insatiably cold it was. Winter has reared its ugly head, and was showing up with harsh breezes and chills so bad that you might as well carry a fireplace with you. Snowflakes fell around the girl in a flurry, dusting every surface imaginable with a thin, white powder.

"Are you coming along or not?" Daphne Greengrass complained, nudging her friend with a pout etched onto her lips.

"I'll - yeah," Margot replied, stumbling over her words before re-centring herself in reality. "It's cold," she commented as the two began walking.

"Yeah, it is," Daphne agreed swiftly, with a small smile dancing on her lips. "It's nice though." The girl looked at the snowflakes falling from the sky as if she had never seen them before, with a small sort of amazement that made Margot let out a small chuckle.

Around the two Slytherin girls, the world was flourishing. It seemed that everyone, for a moment, had forgotten the Dementors looming outside of the school, due to the Ministry's newest escapee. Sirius Black. Margot had already expressed her views on the situation to many people, and had found that she was one of the few with her opinion.

It was completely the Ministry's fault. They were being trusted still, and held themselves like saints above everybody's heads, but they were pathetic. They couldn't even keep a murderer in Azkaban, which meant it was only a few months, or years if they were lucky, before more people broke out. Sirius Black proved it to be possible, and now the Ministry was running about like lunatics, enforcing various protocols and forcing Dementors on Hogwarts.

"I can't wait for them to be gone," Daphne said beside Margot, who nodded in agreement.

"They're awful," she sighed out a breath, vapour rolling off her lips and into the cold winter air, where it quickly became visible before slowly dispersing into seemingly nothing.