𝑣𝑖. Passerine

( KISS, DON'T TELL ! )

❛ 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘴 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘪𝘥𝘺𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘤 𝘣𝘭𝘪𝘴𝘴 ❜

MARGOT WONDERED IF THE GENTLE flow of chatter that the two had fallen into had been caused by delirium caused by sleep deprivation

MARGOT WONDERED IF THE GENTLE flow of chatter that the two had fallen into had been caused by delirium caused by sleep deprivation. She wasn't sure though. Either way, it was strange. The two had been fighting last night, and had only agreed to stay beside one another with the promise of silence. Now that silence had been laid to ruin, and the Astronomy Tower was full of voices.

The strangest part to her was that the boy was taking her jokes well. When she called him an idiot, jokingly even though it was true, he didn't act offended. He brushed it off.

"What time is it?" Margot frowned.

"I don't know," the boy offered.

"Great," she said. Feeling around in her pant's pockets, she let out a heavy exhale. "I don't have my wand."

"I left mine in my dorm."

"That's stupid."

"Hey! You did the same thing."

Margot had no retort for that, so she simply scoffed and turned her head to train her eyes on the landscape ahead. The only sense of time that she had was that it wasn't morning yet. The light cast over the land was still blue in hue, which made them less likely to get caught.

To Margot, she felt comfort in this sort of late night talk. Harry was someone that didn't know her well. He was someone with opposing views, and the two were decently different. This gave them a window of opportunity. They had people different from anybody that they interacted with on a daily basis in front of them. They had a different atmosphere than they usually did surrounding them.

Margot let her eyes wander, and soon they found a bird perched on a tree branch. It's eyes were wide open, and although it was too far for her to hear it, it's beak was open.

"Passerine," the girl mumbled.

"What?" Harry questioned from beside her.

"Passerine," she repeated, still watching the bird. It was far too dark to figure out the bird's colours, but it was there nonetheless. As awake as the two teenagers were.

"Passerine?" Harry questioned once more.

Margot sighed, grabbing Harry's arm from beside her. She guided it, outstretching his pointer finger from his curled fist until he was pointing at the bird. "Passerine," she said.

"I still don't get it."

Margot frowned. "Passerine," she said for the fourth time. "A bird that can perch."

"Okay?"

Harry clearly wasn't getting it. "The bird's mouth is clearly open. All songbirds are considered passerines."

The Potter boy nodded. "It's a pretty bird."

"It is."

author's note !
It's really short but shhh,
I just wanted a decently
cute Harry/Margot moment

𝗄𝗂𝗌𝗌, 𝖽𝗈𝗇'𝗍 𝗍𝖾𝗅𝗅 ! 𝟤𝟢𝟤𝟣