𝑥𝑥𝑖𝑖. Stars Up Above

( KISS, DON'T TELL ! )

❛ 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘴 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘪𝘥𝘺𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘤 𝘣𝘭𝘪𝘴𝘴 ❜

NEARING A YEAR AGO, MARGOT Blythe saw the head of one boy with round-framed glasses

NEARING A YEAR AGO, MARGOT Blythe saw the head of one boy with round-framed glasses. A year later, and the girl's confusion surrounding him lasted.

Margot didn't wish for a lot of things. She didn't wish for fate to change it's course, she didn't wish on four-leaf clovers or dandelions, but she figured a wish was in order.

So, after she left Harry with a simple kiss on the cheek and made her way into her dorm room, she wished to stars that she could not see through the water that encased the Slytherin's rooms.

She couldn't tell if there were shooting stars out tonight, but she hoped nonetheless, muttering sweet nothings under her breath.

There was one wish that would've stuck out quite a lot if there had been any people awake to hear. "Don't let things get out of hand," Margot had breathed into the night. "Don't let things get out of hand, please."

In that moment, she hadn't been sure if she was wishing for herself or for another person, but there she was, begging for lives to stay intact, for them to carry on in peace.

Some part of her knew that this wish wouldn't be granted. Not as long as Harry Potter was involved. Bad things followed the boy, and always impacted the people around him the worst. Margot had decided she was ready for that. She was ready for green, envious magic that shimmered in nights where there was no moon, only the surrounding trees.

Margot had decided she was ready for tears, and she was ready for fear. Margot had decided she was ready for anything.

It could have been teenage rebellion, or it could have been the sheer will-power of a girl who was friends with the most cunning people that had walked the earth, but she was ready for hell.

So her final wish for that night consisted of, "stars up above, don't let hell's reign last forever."

author's note !
i don't know how to wrap
this up as my motivation is
fading, but i hope that the
epilogue, to appear directly
after this, will suffice.

𝗄𝗂𝗌𝗌, 𝖽𝗈𝗇'𝗍 𝗍𝖾𝗅𝗅 ! 𝟤𝟢𝟤𝟣