𝑥𝑣𝑖𝑖𝑖. Death Reigns Supreme

( KISS, DON'T TELL ! )

❛ 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘴 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘪𝘥𝘺𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘤 𝘣𝘭𝘪𝘴𝘴 ❜

THERE WERE MULTIPLE THINGS WRONG with the way that Margot Blythe woke up. The first problem was the firm hold on her shoulder. The second was that she had not returned to her campsite the previous night and found herself on what was supposed to be Harry Potter's cot. The third, and practically the thing that brothers her the most was that Harry Potter himself was sleeping on the ground.

             If Margot were to see the surrounding world at this point, she would see crimson lining tents and rushed black capes with hushed words spoken in between short breaths. She would see a world that didn't look real━━no, she would see the pure essence of unnatural chaos━━ironic if one was to consider the world she herself lived within.

             "Blythe!" Fred continued shaking the girl until she returned to reality. The screeches of terror in the background were what alarmed her the most as she ripped herself from the cot, Mr. Weasley already attempting to wake up Harry.

             "What is h━━"

             "No time," replied Mr. Weasley as Harry got up with the same grogginess that Margot herself had faced just a few minutes ago.

             Now, perhaps any normal person would have just complied, however Margot herself was not normal, and so she stubbornly remained seated on the cot. "I would like to know what's going on, please," she said as she crossed her arms. Fred let out a small giggle, while Mr. Weasley let out a frustrated sigh. It was very apparent that the two were not quite as similar as most fathers and sons were.

             "We don't have time, you've been told this already," Mr. Weasley said harshly. That was when worry struck Margot the most. Mr. Weasley usually had the calmer demeanor of the Weasley couple, for him to snap even in the slightest was unnatural.

             "Margot deserves to know what's going on!" Harry protested, announcing his compete awakening.

             "You'll see when we get outside," was all Fred said before he grabbed Margot by the wrist, gently pulling her out of the cot, and rushing her outside. Harry followed in close stride.

             The world outside was the furthest Margot thinks she had ever seen it from what it had been last night. Flames flickered against and upon tents that were crumbling with hazy smoke and ashes, while blackened edges sat proudly, matching the few black cloaks Margot was able to notice that stood out from the crowd. She paled unnaturally at the exact moment she realised what was going on.

Harry had not realised what was going on, in which he continued to make obvious as he asked what was going on repeatedly. Before Margot even got the slightest of chances to explain what had happened, a rush of people found their way past the quartet, and Margot found herself alone in an unsafe crowd.

And Margot felt as if the world might end. As if it might crumble around her, the stars coming down with it until she was thickly blanketed by death. And in all, death reigned supreme over what little life was left in the chaos surrounding a girl. Because that was all Margot could be in that moment, a girl who was scared for her life amidst an influx in death.

HARRY WAS QUITE FRANKLY PANICKING. Margot, Fred, and Mr. Weasley were nowhere to be seen, and the crowd had engulfed him. Above all, he wasn't sure what was going on. That only made it worse. Ron had already been out of the tent by the time Margot and him had gotten up, which only made the anxiety bubbling up in his stomach worse.

Then Harry saw them. They looked almost faceless, with dark hoods and cloaked bodies. Upon closer examination, masks covered their faces as they marched across the field menacingly, wands raised high in the air. The worst thing was that Harry didn't know what was going on and he didn't have anyone to explain what was happening to him.

Then there was a firm grab to his wrist, and Harry whirled around only to find that Margot had found him once more, a determined and yet fearful look set on her face as she pulled him towards the woods, various forms of "What's happening," tumbling from his lips, which he had found were quite dry.

The surrounding atmosphere was hot, the crackling of burning fires surrounding them as the girl pulled them further until they were cloaked by trees. It was only then that she let out a shaky breath, and turned around with tears blossoming at the corners of her eyes.

"Not even you have the best look, it seems," she whispered distantly, the determined look gone from her face as Harry studied it further, pretty features illuminated with crackling fires. He had never seen Margot break like this. Not in all the time he had known her.

"I've asked this a lot," he drew in a breath, "but what is happening? You don't have to explain━━it's only a question, really━━I just'd like to know."

"Those are Death Eaters, Harry," Margot shook her head as she looked beyond Harry, who could not have looked more confused in that moment. So she provided further explanation. "Voldemort's followers? No, a more accurate name would be his cult."

And it was only then, as the boy glanced at the girl with rosy eyes and tears rolling down her face that he understood the full gravity of the situation. This wasn't child's play over rocks anymore, this was life or death, and it was growing worse than it had been in previous years. This wasn't chasing who he thought was Snape, this was chasing who was on the back of Quirrel's head. This was the hunt for Voldemort, to put an end to his reign of terror once and for all.

author's note !
I'm proud of myself, I got most of
this done during a migraine,
and the writing is pretty decent.
Plus the chapter length is nice :DDD

𝗄𝗂𝗌𝗌, 𝖽𝗈𝗇'𝗍 𝗍𝖾𝗅𝗅 ! 𝟤𝟢𝟤𝟣