𝑥𝑖𝑣. The Essence of Comfort

( KISS, DON'T TELL ! )

❛ 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘴 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘪𝘥𝘺𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘤 𝘣𝘭𝘪𝘴𝘴 ❜

OF THE WORDS MARGOT BLYTHE wished that she could say━━and there were many━━were that to Harry James Potter

OF THE WORDS MARGOT BLYTHE wished that she could say━━and there were many━━were that to Harry James Potter. A few apologies were in order, beyond one carried in the talons of an owl. With sincerity, many words could be said to this particular boy. Perhaps an ode would be appropriate. An ode to what she needed to say.

It was silly, really, that Margot Blythe had rendered herself so undeniably useless at the hands of a boy she used to despise. She did not know when it happened, perhaps in the summer or perhaps much before that, but Harry Potter brought her far more concern than anyone else had in her life.

And perhaps he was destined to bring her down.

Margot was strung to the ties of destiny, blind in the face of certain doom. Yes, she was a fool for this boy, but did she have a choice? No. Her mind had willed it so, and she must live with it until her cord found itself severed.

Slytherin green found itself on her walls once more, and yet it didn't feel quite like home anymore. Less and less, had her time been spent in the lonely common room that previous year, and more was she touched by darkness. Cloaked by it so that the stars may read her restless thoughts.

Here she was, a girl of great power, and her energy over the heated summer had been spent over a boy. Margot had found herself weak━━more than weak, perhaps. Her self-preservation had been rendered useless and all of her mind was focused on Harry James Potter.

Everything reeked of the boy. Every thought, every breath, and Margot could only hope that the boy was feeling similar.

              The Blythe girl let out a trembling breath as her finger traced small indents into her palm, circling around. It's path was predetermined, in her every thought.

Comfort. That was what the girl sought out. What had brought her comfort that wasn't the Potter boy?

Once, the Slytherins and their green-coated ways had brought her comfort. Evil as they appeared, they had been a source of comfort. They had been in her life, in her home, and she could name so many names that she might as well spend hours.

Margot didn't take kindly to the hatred she had begun to notice in the green-tied students. Perhaps that was part of it. Why comfort was not in the Slytherin common room, or in her room for that matter.

Daphne brought a great deal of comfort. The girl, with her blonde hair and so much loyalty contained within her soul that she might as well be a Gryffindor.

But they didn't seem to be as close as they had been before.

No, days of secret-keeping and Margot had brought this upon herself.

author's note !
I feel like my writing is getting
better.

𝗄𝗂𝗌𝗌, 𝖽𝗈𝗇'𝗍 𝗍𝖾𝗅𝗅 ! 𝟤𝟢𝟤𝟣