𝑖𝑖. The Hum of the Stars

( KISS, DON'T TELL ! )

❛ 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘴 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘪𝘥𝘺𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘤 𝘣𝘭𝘪𝘴𝘴 ❜

MARGOT BODLY CHOSE TO IGNORE the floating head, instead she marched straight up to Crabbe and Goyle, and grabbing their collars menacingly

MARGOT BODLY CHOSE TO IGNORE the floating head, instead she marched straight up to Crabbe and Goyle, and grabbing their collars menacingly. She tugged them back, sent a blank stare to Ronald Weasley, and sighed. "Why must you get yourselves into such messes?" she hissed, turning to Draco Malfoy.

"And you!" she proclaimed, releasing the two boys she had previously had a firm grip on. "You started this! And the worst you got was mud to your face," she stuck out her finger, "ghastly, you are!"

"Blythe, there are more important matters at hand! Potter was — he was —"

"Shut it," Margot crossed her arms. "You should know by now that Potter will go by any means necessary to stay with his friends." She bit back her continued version of that statement, instead whirling around to face Ronald Weasley and Hermione Granger.

"Why are you going to scold me?!" the boy exclaimed with widened eyes.

"Ronald did nothing wrong!" agreed Hermione, causing Margot to roll her eyes.

"Tell your famous friend that his fame won't protect him from his stupidity, would you?" she said quite angrily. The floating head of Harry Potter had already disappeared by now, and she was met with absolute silence. "I'll be going now."

The girl set off on the snow-dusted path, clutching her sweater as she did so. The woven fabric felt strangely cold underneath her fingertips, and she could only assume that was the snow and the atmosphere she was surrounded by. Snowflakes had woven themselves into her hair, as if she had been dusted by powdered sugar. But the mystifyingly beautiful look did not quite match the fierce scowl present on her face.

By now, Margot had deduced that Potter had used some sort of concealment magic to get himself inside of Hogsmeade. But that wasn't her problem. Her problem was that he had to go around making trouble. He and Malfoy had two of the biggest egos that had ever graced the fine stones that made up Hogwart's castle. And when those two massive egos clashed, it wasn't a good thing.

When they clashed, it wasn't a beautiful symphony of harmony and bliss. It didn't create comfort or quell fear, and it didn't make for a strong duo, or any duo at all, Margot supposed. When they clashed, they clashed. She was surprised that in the two and a half years of knowing of both the boys and their arguments that they hadn't decided to simply fire the Killing Curse at one another. She wouldn't put it above them. In fact, she could imagine it going a little something like this;

Potter glared ferociously down at Malfoy, wand outstretched. In a ridiculous voice that Margot had come up with as an impression of him on a whim, he spoke. "There is only enough room for one humongous and catastrophic ego at this school!"

"And that's mine!" Margot imagined Malfoy arguing.

"No, it's mine!" Potter would retort.

And then they'd both fire the Killing Curse at one another and they'd both die. Giving Hogwarts blissful peace.

Yes, Margot could see that happening. Of course, more dramatic and less like a comedy bit.

"Where the fuck were you!" exclaimed a voice, coaxing Margot out of her Malfoy and Potter-filled thoughts. "I thought you died!"

Margot scoffed in return, crossing her arms as she smirked at Daphne. "That's a ridiculous assumption. As Dumbledore likes to say, Hogwarts is perfectly safe so I couldn't have possibly died!"

Daphne let out a hum of acknowledgement. "Of course. It would be utter blasphemy for you to die."

Margot snickered. "Wonder what cover-up story he'd whip up."

"Something about wandering into the Forbidden Forest after sneaking out so that the story is about a tragic accident due to a stupid child rather than him, I'd imagine," the Greengrass girl fell into stride beside Margot.

"He would do that."

MARGOT BLYTHE FOUND HERSELF UNABLE to sleep, no matter how tightly she shut her eyes or how much lavender she stuck below her nostrils. Her body simply would not sleep. And being the logical person that she was, she decided to wander out of the Slytherin common room, and into the hallways, knowing fully well that a murderer was on the loose, and was suspected to be targeting someone in the school. It was an informed descision. She thinks.

The hallways late at night held a comfortable silence, and the portraits had done what Margot was not able to quite yet. Sleep. They had their eyes shut peacefully, small noises of comfortability slipping past their lips and into the bare hallways.

After a few minutes, Margot decided that she shouldn't lurk, but she should instead find somewhere to place herself. Somewhere where she might be able to hide, away from the watchful eye of Filch.  ( Part of her wondered why he was the only one in charge of patrolling a castle, but that was a whole other conversation. )

Eventually the girl decided on the Astronomy Tower, and set on her way. She was careful to be as quiet as she could, letting tender footsteps carry her to the base of the spiralling staircase. She could distantly hear the cicadas echoing outside, and let out a small sigh as she planted her right foot on the first step.

She didn't bother to look much as she walked up the staircase, only hoping that she didn't trip as she made her way to her destination.

              Eventually she reached the gentle starlight, only to realise that she wasn't as alone as she thought.

author's note !
Shorter chapter, but we're getting
to more plot heavy shit, so I hope
it's alright! And yes, you will find
me sneaking in my own criticism
about how the whole wizarding
world and characters are through
random dialogues.

(No but seriously, why is Filch
the only one patrolling a whole
goddamn castle and when does
he sleep? Is he nocturnal? Does
he run off of no sleep? I have
questions)

𝗄𝗂𝗌𝗌, 𝖽𝗈𝗇'𝗍 𝗍𝖾𝗅𝗅 ! 𝟤𝟢𝟤𝟣