chapter 35

* 6 Years Later*

"Gon sweetie, when do you think you'll be home? It's Izumi's birthday tomorrow ya know, and he really wants to see you again..." Killua said.

"I'll be home soon my love, tell Izumi I love him...goodbye and sweet dreams." I said hanging the phone up.

I sighed as I sat on an edge of the building with an amazing view of YorkNew City's lights in the darkness of the night.

"You know, you should really be going home. It's been a while since you've been around your family, you wouldn't want Izumi to grow up without his father now would you." Illumi said looking down at me.

I smiled, "Well I would have been able to see him long ago if you didn't need my help eliminating that hunter, but I must say his Nen ability was quite interesting, being able to control plants like that."

"Plus where's that husband of your Hisoka? Doesn't he usually help you?" I asked.

"He happens to be busy himself...." He said.

"Well, if my jobs done here, I'll be on my way." I said standing up. Illumi continued to watch the city while I walked away...
.

.

.
"Daddy! When is papa coming home?" Izumi asked grabbing onto my pants. I looked at him and smiled, I bend down and picked him up.

'You better be back Freecss...or I won't be able to forgive you this time...'
.
.
The next morning arrived, it was Izumi's 6th birthday. It was currently 1:05 A.M. I snuck down stairs and opened the fridge grabbing the cake that had been sitting there since yesterday evening.  I placed six candles on the cake and lit it...

And after that I made it into Izumi's room...but as I did this it made me remember what Gon had done for me for my birthday, I smiled and continued my way to Izumi's room. I creaked the door open and slowly walked inside, to my surprise Alluka was inside the room with Kalluto hold a smaller cake that I had. We stared at each other for a moment before giving each other a little chuckle....

Happy birthday to you...

Happy birthday dear Izumi...

Happy birthday to you...

Izumi looked us with a sleepy smile, "Daddy! Auntie and uncle too...thank you!"

"Come on Izumi! Blow out your candles!" Alluka said with a bright smile. Izumi happily did as told and blew his candles out.

"What did you wish for?" Kalluto asked patting his head.

Izumi put his finger on his lip, "That's a secret for me and only me to know!"

I chuckled and flicked his forehead, "Oww! What was that for!"

"Oh it's nothing~" I said with a cat-like grin. We all ate a piece of cake and went back to sleep...
.

.

.
"Daddy! When's grandpa and grandma coming! Also are uncles pika and Leo coming to my party?" Izumi asked. I smiled and nodded as Izumi asked if certain family members were going to make it to his party,

"Daddy..."

"Yes, sunshine?" I said...

"Is papa coming..." he said sadly, losing a bit of hope of seeing his father again. I furrowed my eyebrows and faked a smile.