Chapter 8: Dinner

"What do you mean she knows your mom?" Anna whispered as we snuck out of the dining pavilion.

The sun was starting to set and the clouds were lit up pale pinks and oranges. They drifted across the sky sleepily, slowly dispersing before recollecting. 

"Just that. I said, 'do you know her?' and she was like, 'I used to' and ran out! I mean, how much more vague can you get?" I threw my hands up in the air. 

Jack joined us only seconds later. "Hey. I saw you guys leave. What's going on?"

"The Hunter Rhea met somehow knows her mom," Anna said.

His eyebrows shot up almost to his hairline. "Actually?"

I nodded. "Actually."

"Well, then let's get out there and talk to her! Maybe she can help find your mom," Anna said enthusiastically.

Just as the three of us reentered the room, Chiron stomped his hoofs.

"Campers! We would like to welcome the Hunters of Artemis here for the night. They will be stopping here for a week or two. While they are here, I would like to bring an emergency to your attention. Rhea Montgomery's mother, Kat Montgomery has been kidnapped." Mutters and gasps sounded from around me and I tried to shrink into my orange camp shirt. 

"What does that have to do with us?" called out one of the boys from the Ares cabin. 

Chron sighed. "Kat has done a lot for this camp, and I think it's only fair that we repay her by saving her life." He glanced at me as I quietly slid back into my seat. I didn't see Anna and Jack sit down, but they must have or Chiron would have singled them out. "We will have a quest, and the Hunters will be involved."

A chorus of shouts and protests rang up from Artemis's table, but Chrion shut them up with a stomp of his hoof. "This is final! We will take your best trackers, and you will  go. I have already contacted Artemis. She agrees with me."

I thought it was just me, but I thought I heard someone mutter, "Of course she does," from the table that the Hunters were sitting at. I didn't know what it meant, though. 

"Anyway, I have chosen some Hunters that I think will do well with this quest." He stared around the room for a second before listing off four girls' names. "Hannah Ambler, Atlanta Zane, Robyn Snow, Lyra Belton. You are the girls who will be going on the search for Kat."

A girl with shoulder-length strawberry blonde hair stood up from Artemis's table and said, "We accept." There were protests, but she shook her head and said something quietly to the table. 

Chiron nodded. "I have also chosen three demigods to go with you. Starting with Kat's daughter, Rhea." I felt my face warm as I heard and saw over three hundred demigods turn to stare at me. "Also, Jack Liston and Anna Poulverati. You three will go with the four Hunters to save Kat."

______________________________________________________

Dear readers,

Sorry for the short chapter. Writer's block is plaguing me. If any of you have any ideas of how the Hunters and Campers meet and their reactions, feel free to comment below. Also, I've decided to do a question with each chapter. The person that responds with the right answer will get the next chapter dedicated them. The first question is:

What was the first thing Rhea (Kat's daughter Rhea) said to Anna?

-flygirl1