Chapter 18: Another Note

I ran all the way back to the hotel, and I ran through the doors, sweaty and panting.

"Dear, are you alright?" asked Rachel, who was sitting at the front desk on the computer..

I smiled tightly. "Yeah," I panted. "I just went out for a little run. That's all."

She nodded, suspicious, but let it slide and went back to the computer screen.

I headed up the stairs to my room and realized that I didn't keep the room key with me. I knocked on the door, and Anna opened it a few moments later.

"Oh my gosh!" Anna cried. "We've been worried sick! You just left us! We had no idea where you'd gone! Are you okay? You don't look okay."

I sighed. I had expected her to be upset with me. "I'm fine, Anna. What about you? When I left, you and Jack were in a huge kerbuffle."

"Kerbuffle?" Anna raised her eyebrow. "What on earth is a kerbuffle?"

"You know," I said, "an argument. That's called a kerbuffle..."

Anna rolled her eyes. "Just come in. The others aren't back yet."

"When did you get back?"

"Actually, we just got back a few minutes ago. We spent awhile looking for you, but since this town is much bigger than it seems, we figured that you'd come back on your own."

I flopped on my bed. "Why is this quest so darn difficult?"

"Rhea, I think this is only the beginning," Anna's wavering voice said from the bathroom.

"What do you mean?"

"Come see this."

I hopped off the bed and walked to the door of the bathroom and stopped.

There, on the mirror, was another note, written on lined paper.

Do not treat this

As a vacation

Go to the place

Of education 

_________________________________________________________________

Dear readers,

Sorry for the short chapter. I'm only just starting to get this moving. I'm hoping to update more since it's the holidays.  

-flygirl1

P.S. My birthday is in 2 days !!!

P.P.S. I wish you all a merry Christmas and a very happy holiday.