Three

Trying to get her mind off the case and last week's events, Shinobu spends time with her friend baking and then her husband when he comes in later. The two go for a walk and discuss things along with meet up with two of Giyuu's interns.

Or

Everyone's day off of work.

A/N: Shinobu unironically calls Giyuu 'dollface' as a pet name, sorry not sorry.

-linebreak-

It's a beautiful day outside, it's sunny, not even a single cloud in the sky, which is why they're inside instead of outside. But to put it into more perspective, they're inside of Shinobu and Giyuu's house, where currently Shinobu and Mitsuri are in the kitchen, making icing for the cake they just made. Giyuu has left to go hang out with his friends, Sabito and Makomo, or at least go eat out with them for lunch. With enough convincing, she managed to convince their leader that a vacation day for all was in order(Maybe she told him about how much stress this was putting on her husband but that wasn't important-) and thankfully he listened.

So now here she was on her day off with Mitsuri as her fiance- Obanai- and soon to be husband had been dragged away by Uzui to look at suits, she's surprised that Tengen didn't end dragging her husband along with them since he had insisted on helping Giyuu find his suit as well- who ended up getting Makomo, Sabito and his Sensei to help him instead but Uzui doesn't know that- but thankfully he managed to avoid it by hanging out with Sabito and Makomo. She wished he ended up going with Tengen though because she really wanted to see what suits he had in store because he always ended up finding the most atrocious ones possible, she'd know, she had him when she was choosing her wedding dress and he somehow managed to found the worst ones ever.

She snorted at the memory, smiling as she remembered the dress that he found that was decorated with flames. Maybe I'll wear to Rengoku-san's wedding if he ever gets married, she told him, but lord knows what that man will get married and if he ever will. If he does Mitsuri better be his best woman even if that isn't a thing that exists, she deserves it. 

"Aren't we going to taste it before we put it on the cake," Mitsuri rips her out of her current thoughts, and she nods, looking toward the bowl of icing in front of them. It was a white, sort of yellowish color, it was supposed to be more white but hey, not everything can come out perfect.

"Duh," Shinobu rolls her eyes and sticks a finger into the concoction and brings it up to her lip and gives it a lick, her expression immediately goes sour. "That doesn't look good..." The pink and green-haired woman mutters, bitting on her fingernail.

"I... I think we just invented a new kind of poison..." Shinobu speaks up, "I..." Mitsuri stays deathly silent until she eventually speaks up. "I hope it tastes like strawberries?..." Her friend let out a nervous chuckle, trying to ease some of the tension. It does quite the opposite as she goes and spits out the remaining icing in the sink, wiping her tongue with a paper towel for extra precaution.

"Note to self: do not hire friends to make a wedding cake, just get a professional instead,"

"Hey! I'm a decent chef," Mitsuri shook her head and moved to go pull out the powdered sugar. "Tomioka-san is better than you, why do you think we ask him to bring food and you to decorate?"

Almost in comedic fashion, Shinobu dramatically gripped at the fabric above her heart, splaying her hand over her head as she leaned back in a dramatic fashion. "And I thought you were my friend!"

"I am, but it's the truth," And for extra measure, Mitsuri tacts on: "besides, Kyojuro-san is the best cook out of all of us."

"Now that I can't argue with,"