Five

Just a normal day at the Demon Slayer Corps. 

-linebreak-

Okay maybe it wasn't but what were you really expecting?

The day starts off on how it usually does, she gets up- well, Giyuu gets up before her and wakes her up- she eats breakfast with her husband- provided by him since it's his day to make it- and after brushing their teeth they make their way out of their house and to the train station. They walk hand and hand to the station, Giyuu occasionally rubbing his thumb over her knuckles as she talks on about nothing in particular as he softly smiling down at her.

They take their usual route, she grabs orders a can of coffee while she orders a bottle of water and they wait for the train to arrive on the bench, careful about where they sit on the said bench, silently waiting for the train to arrive.

The subway pulled into the station with a loud whistle, they both get up from their seats, she throws her canned coffee away while he caps his bottle of water tightly and puts it into his bag. Worming their way in through the crowd, she tightly grips at his hand so they don't get separated. They take a seat next to each other, the subway thrumming below them as leaves the station, her husband squeezed her hand as he leans against her shoulder, his head hanging low as his bag lays pliant in his lap as he lets out small huffs of breath and snores. She stills as he does so, briefly glancing at him before she pulls out her phone and scrolls through it.

She has some unanswered texts, a few from Mitsuri, a good morning text from Aoi, two from Uzui, and a few more she'll get to later. She probably has some emails she needs to read but she'll get to them when she gets to the office but for now, she'll read, so she opens an app on her phone and starts reading the Book Theif, the audio being read to her as she lets her thoughts drift off, almost falling asleep herself until she's woken up with a loud piercing whistle.

Shinobu looks around, watching everyone get up from their seats, and turns towards her husband who's still asleep. Silently she reaches towards him, shaking his shoulder with slight vigor, out of the corner of her eye watching people tread out of the train, some staying but they can't since this is their stop.

Eventually, he starts to stir a few moments later, and she presses a kiss to his cheek, usually, she'd tease him but she isn't in the mood to right now. Blearily, he blinks away his tiredness, face flustering as she presses another kiss to his cheek. He looks at her, tilting his head, and allows her to pull him up by his hand as he gains his bearings slightly. Shinobu pulls him along out of the train before the doors close and into the subway station, that soft smile never leaving her face. 

"You thirsty?" She asks and he silently nods, reaching towards his bag and pulling out his bottle of water, and taking a sip or two. "You good now?" He nods and starts walking, like usual they fall into step with each other, their hands finding their way to each other and intertwining themselves.

The walk, like usual, lasts 15 minutes, Shinobu, once again like usual, fills the silence of the walk with her incessant chatter, he listens to her, nodding along and occasionally adding to the conversation once and awhile. Time flows by and before they know it they're in front of the gate that leads to the agency, her warm hand missing his cold one.

She walks into the gate to the agency, Giyuu having slipped his hand out of hers during their walk, only a few feet away from the gate she hears him stop walking, she doesn't pause until she feels a cold hand intertwines with hers, tugging her back. She turns towards him, cocking her head to the side as he smiles at her. 

"You know I love you, right?" 

She pauses, feeling her stomach drop, she looks back at the agency than at her husband, then does a doubletake, and frowns at him. "Are you seriously breaking up with me in front of where we work?"