Chapter Five

I woke up to the sound of my alarm, oh how i love having a heart attack first thing in the morning.

Note the sarcasm.

I started laughing at myself after remembering how scared I was last night, worried incase I slept through my alarm. It was 6.30, i was good. I got up and dragged myself to the bathroom. I felt a stroke of dizziness on me as soon as I stood up, I was in one of those crazy moods when I find everything hilarious. I went and sat on my windowsill, staring at Adam's house, he's all i seem to think about now.

"Skye, your going to be late. Can you hurry up please lol"

I turned around to see Abbie standing there, trying to hold her laughter in.
I sat there, confused like fuck.

"Listen, I'm sorry." she began. Okay, so not only am I so close to having a perfect boyfriend, but my best friend is willing to make up with me?

"No" I said.
"I'm sorry, I pushed you away, and I regret it so much. You were my best friend and you're the only one I trust, I can't believe I let you go, please forgive me" I said, tears in my eyes.
I felt so stupid, she looked gorgeous, and I was standing there in my pj's looking a state.

"Come here, idiot" she said, running towards me.
She gave me the most reassuring hug ever. I missed our stupid talk. For a second, I thought that maybe Jade and Hannah were involved, but then I remembered. She was one of my best friends, and she wants to be exactly that now, I'm not stopping her.

I got myself ready and we both had breakfast, then we left for the bus. I started telling her about Adam, and her face immediately lit up.

"He's friends with that Sam guy, isn't he? she asked, a smile spreading across her face.

"I think so, why?" I answered.
"What does that have to do with anything?"

"You know everyone fancies Adam" she began, "He's so good looking"

"I know, I can't believe he's so close to being mine" I answered, feeling so happy.
"He's perfect"

"Skye's in love" she shouted.
"Am not"
We turned around to sour faces from Jade and Hannah.

"Don't worry, I'm with you" said Abbie.
"And remember" she paused, lowering her voice.
"You're two minutes away from seeing that boyfriend of yours" and she winked at me.

Maybe she's right, I thought to myself. Why do I even care what they think of me. I smiled at Abbie and she smiled back, I'm guessing she knew i'd calmed down.

"He's not my boyfriend" I said, blushing.
"Yet" and she laughed.

We had to wait almost ten minutes for the bus to come, it was getting colder and the snow season was beginning, the bus had probably been delayed.

"Finally!" Everyone grunted when the bus eventually turned up. I walked on and seen Adam and went and sat beside him.

"Hey babe" he said, moving closer to me. "You okay?"
And the butterflies were back.

"Yeah I'm fine, you?"
"Yeah, I'm good" he said, laughing.
And he kissed my cheek. I smiled. it made me so happy to know he didn't care about what other people thought of him. The rest of the bus journey was quiet, until we turned into the school car park. I kept turning my gaze to Abbie who was staring at us, freaking me out.

"Hey, Skye, listen" Adam began, turning my attention towards him. He took my hands and continued.
"Do you wanna maybe go out some time?" He looked surprised at himself for managing to ask me, maybe he liked me as much as I liked him.

"I'd love too" I said, smiling like a fool.

"Great" he said, looking relieved.
"Well i'll meet you for lunch then, yeah?"
I nodded and kept smiling, he kissed me once more and then went off with his friends. I felt myself blushing like mad. My thoughts were interrupted by an over excited Abbie, she looked even happier than I was.

"Spill" she shouted.
I laughed and started talking as we walked to regi.