Chapter Fourteen

- Abbie's POV -

Everything felt like a blur, it all went so fast.
I'm not the same girl I was a month ago. I've never been this confused/depressed/worried but mostly just helpless.

My thoughts were interrupted as I heard the ambulance sirens getting louder. Just when I thought my situation couldn't get any worse, Adam gets hit by a car.
It sounds so crazy to even think it.

I looked up to an anxious Sam, biting his nails whilst staring at the ground.
What have I done?

If me and Adam didn't kiss, I could go over there and hug Sam, tell him everything's okay.

The ambulance doors slammed shut as I stood up and walked over to Sam, the driver was speaking to him as he was about to get in the passenger seat.

"Sam?" I whispered.

He looked at me and shivers ran down my spine, I've never seen him this tense before.

"I-if you want, I could go with Adam?"

He laughed.

"You just kissed him, even though he goes out with YOUR best friend. You should be ashamed of yourself, stop ruining relationships! To think I even liked you, this is all your fault!" he shouted.

I felt like my heart was breaking into a million pieces.

I wasn't expecting that at all, I thought that maybe he would have showed a little sympathy. I looked into his eyes and all I seen was anger building up.

"You've done enough, now just fuck off!"

Tears broke in as i heard the final sentence. I felt my knees shaking while those words kept ringing in my head.

'To think I even liked you, this is all your fault'

That's not Sam. That's not the guy I've liked for more than two years. That's the guy who needs help to overcome what he's facing, just like the rest of us.

I realised I'd been staring into the distance when I heard the front doors slam shut, and the ambulance begin to drive away.

"But I love you!"
Is all I could manage, before the tears came streaming down my face.
I realised It was pointless wiping them away because they reappeared every second. I couldn't stop, it was like every bad memory I've ever had was washing away. I thought about everything that's ever went wrong in my life, which made me cry even more.
I guess I was having a breakdown.
It got to the point where I felt faint. I turned around to walk back home until I heard a beeping noise. I took my phone out of my pocket, hoping it would be Sam or Skye.

I unlocked it and waited for it to refresh, there were no new messages. I definitely heard a noise, I thought to myself. I rubbed at my eyes, they began to feel itchy from crying so much. I looked around, If it wasn't my phone then it had to be someone else's.

What if someone was following me.

As I looked around, I heard the noise again and a bright light lit up a little area in the dark, abandoned street.

I recognised it an instance, It was Adam's phone.

I looked back into the distance, wondering if there was any point. I trudged over to the phone that was laying in the middle of the road. I picked it up and dusted it off, the beeping was a battery alert.

My mind began to click on everything when I seen what Adam had been so glued to.

It was a route leading to a house a few blocks round. I didn't know where the hell it was, but I knew it would lead to one thing.

Skye.

I pulled myself together and began walking down the street.

I need to do this, for me, for Adam, and for Sam.

I shuddered as I thought of his name.

Trying hard to focus on Skye, I turned the corner and rubbed the sides of my arms, I was freezing. The beeping began again, signalling 5% battery. I began to sprint the route.

As I turned the last corner, I looked down at the phone which was left with 3%. I grinned as I realised Adam's destination was at the end of this street. I looked behind me, feeling slightly paranoid. I felt like I recognised this place, I just couldn't remember. The phone beeped again and turned itself off. Thank god I'd made it just in time.

I took a deep breath and that's when it hit me, harder than anything else.

It wasn't just any house that my best friend was trapped in.

It was Jade's old house.