Chapter Thirteen

- Skye's POV -

"Matt, I... I don't know, it's too risky..."

"Just give me your phone and ill do it!" He shouted.

Could I though. Could I trust a boy I've just met? A boy that's meant to be on Ryan's side and now claims he's on mine?

It's not like I have a choice.

"It's in my sh-shoe.." I trembled.
Why was I so nervous? What If Matt is on Ryan's side? What if Ryan comes in and catches us? What if-

I was interrupted to a desperate Matt shaking my legs to get my shoes to fall off.
"Matt, stop, I'm sore"

"Oh yeah, Skye I'm so sorry..."
"It's fine, c'mon we need to concentrate"
"Who can we call for help?" he asked, "It needs to be fast, we don't have time"

"Adam, call Adam. He'll definitely answer. Call him"

For the first time In ages I actually feel like there's hope.

Matt put the phone on speaker and turned the volume right down, after signalling for me to stay quiet he raised it a few bars. I nodded and kept still, I need to stay focused for this to work.

"Hey, erm. This is Matt. Mathew Edwards?" he whispered into the phone.

"Matt!" I shouted in his face.
"We have a limited amount of time and your telling our only hope of safety what your name is?!" I lowered my voice and kept looking round, the last thing we needed was Ryan.

"Sorry, I-I don't know!" he had one hand over the phone and the other making gestures as he spoke. He came towards me and held the phone to my ear.

I hated it.

Why didn't he just untie me first? I felt a slash of regret run through me. Maybe he wants us to get caught. I'm so confused.

"Adam..." I whispered. Was it really him on the other line?

"Skye? Skye, is that you? Skye answer me, please. Skye?"

A smile formed on my face.

Adam. It was Adam. The last person I spoke too before I was face to face with Ryan. It got me thinking. What if I never went straight home? What if I went to Adam's after school. Would I be here? Or would I be safe at home? Tears filled my eyes as the thought crossed my mind.
Matt snatched the phone back and started speaking.

"Listen, we need your help and we need it fast. We're In an abandoned house at the end of Alison street."

For a bad improviser Matt was pretty good at speed talk.

"Well, well, well" was all I heard before Ryan knocked Matt out after taking the phone,

"So close!" I cried, my voice was shaky and my body hurt with any movement at all.

"Excuse me?" Ryan shouted.
I could still hear Adam on the other line.

"A-Adam!" I whispered, hoping he'd hear me.

Ryan slapped me straight across the face, hard.
I put my face down on my knees in agony.

"Please, p-please just let us go. I-I won't tell" I screamed. I immediately closed my eyes, terrified of what he was going to do to me.

- Adam's POV -

"Skye! Please answer me!"

I could hear loud noises in the background, and it sounded like she was crying.

"Skye! I shouted helplessly.

I fell down to my knees and let the tears fall. I dropped my face in shame. Why did I let this happen to her? How could I do something like this, I love her. I just let her slip away.