Chapter 3

"This is harder than I expected it to be," Curt said as he twiddled a screwdriver around and held a camera against the metal fence.
"Are you turning it to the right?"
"I don't know!"
"Oh for god's sake- Curt, just turn it towards the trees and-"
"Got it!"
"Finally." Owen went over to make sure Curt was doing it correctly, having finished putting up his camera already.
"Right," Curt moved the camera about to make sure it was secure, "We ready to go?"
"Definitely. We're not even inside and this place is making me feel weird."
They walked back over to the car and Owen quickly started to drive away. But the sense of dread that the place instilled in him didn't leave.

Curt and Owen walked into Xander's office to see that John and Wilbur were sitting sitting talking to him.
"Hey, how'd it go?" Xander asked, looking up as they walked in.
"Cameras are up," Owen said.
"Good. John and Will were just telling me that the communication system with Webby is complete."
"That's great," Curt said, taking a step forward. He didn't notice Owen staying stuck to the spot and going pale.
"Yeah," Wilbur said, "Feels like six months of our lives have finally paid off."
"I still can't believe it's really done," John said.
"Uh, Xander?" Owen said abruptly.
"Yeah?" Xander said as everyone turned to face him, "Owen, are you-"
"Would it be okay if Curt and I left early? It's just-"
Seeing the panic on Owen's face, Xander nodded, "Yeah. You'll probably not have much you need to get done until the cameras record something useful anyway."
"Thanks."
Owen rushed out of the room, followed by Curt, who's eyebrows were lowered in concern. He tried to take Owen's hand but he was walking one step ahead and Curt couldn't catch up.
"Owen, what's wrong?"
Curt eventually gave up asking when Owen still couldn't even look at him.
When they got into the car, Owen sat with his hands on the steering wheel and his eyes locked onto the windscreen.
"Do you wanna tell me what's going on?"
Owen started driving.
For the entire time until they got home, Curt watched as Owen kept his gaze fixed onto the road and tried to keep a straight face. But the times his lip quivered and he had to wipe away tears didn't go unnoticed.
Owen still refused to make eye contact as they walked up the stairs, Curt struggling to keep up with his pace.
"Owen"' Curt said as he closed the door, "Can you please stop pacing around the room and tell me what's going on?"
"It's him."
"What?"
"It's him. That's why Blinky seemed so familiar. I know who he reminds me of. The way he talks. It's exactly the same. the way he-"
"Whoa, okay, okay, slow down," Curt said, putting his hands on Owen's shoulders and meeting his eyes. "And please stop pacing. Why don't you sit down and tell me what's going on?"
Breathing unevenly, Owen nodded and they sat on the couch.
"Okay, so, you know the other day when I said Blinky seemed familiar?"
"Uh-huh..."
"I realised why. It's..." Owen looked away.
Gently, Curt took his hand. "Who is it?"
"Him."
"Who?"
"The green bastard. I realised when Xander mentioned Webby."
"Wiggly?"
Owen nodded slowly.
"Oh."
Owen sighed, "I'm sorry, it's just- It just freaked me out earlier when I realised Blinky reminded me of him. I should've-"
"No, hey, you don't have anything to apologise for. It's okay."
Owen practically fell into Curt as they hugged.
"I really thought I was done with Wiggly," Owen said a minute later as he pulled away.
"Well, you said Blinky reminds you of him. But it's not actually him, right?"
Owen nodded.
"And Watcher World isn't the black and white."
"Where are you going with this?"
"They might seem similar but they're not the same. They're probably not even connected."
Owen nodded.
"You gonna be okay?"
"Yeah."
     "Okay."
     Owen leaned in closer to Curt and they put the TV on. But he still just couldn't get rid of that feeling.