Chapter 11

If you're gonna ask me where am I and why I'm wondering why Maria got to this place?

Well because, this is the northern part of Clercebin kingdom. The grassy hills and burning city place when i first woke up is the southern part of the Clercebin kingdom. Maria's birth place. The war started in the southern border, attack coming from another nation but it also ended there. It's a small scale of war but it paid a lot of lives and casualties.

I only get to arrived at the Northern part because the slave traders caught me. Transporting the war slaves to the safer northern land of Clercebin.

The distance of South and North are like from Luzon to Mindanao! Too far! So that's why I'm wondering.

'How did you get here?'

I asked that question many times in my mind as I stared at the opposite shop.

"Ate Rae? Yung order po sa table 3 tapos na." Mikey reminded me for the 3rd time.

I blinked twice at binalik ang tingin kay mikey. After I serve the coffee to the table 3 ay bumalik ako sa pwesto ni mikey. I immediately apologize for not being competent dahil I've been dozing off during work since 3 days ago, the day I first saw Maria.

He scratched the back of his head and shyly looked up.

"Mhmm, ate kung ako ang tatanungin. You're more attractive keysa sa bagong lipat diyan sa kabila. I'm not being noisy ha? Pero sana ate wag mong sayangin ang sarili mo sa babaeng 'yon. I'm just feeling uneasy whenever i see her face, it's beautiful but at the same time parang alam mo yon? May tinatago-"

Napa face palm nalang ako.

Hah..

This boy mistook me for being a lesbian-

"Oh God. No, I'm not in-love or physical attracted nor emotional attracted to her. I'm straight kid. you're being rude you know?" I corrected him while adding the last statement for teasing.

Mikey was taken back and didn't expected my answer. He put his left palm on his mouth, covering it. Feeling ashamed, he looked down.

"I'm sorry! I'm so disrespectful ate Rae! Sorry talaga di na mauulit. It's just that- i- always noticed you stealing glances sa babae sa kabila- sorry talaga ate! Sorry!" He begged for forgiveness while stuttering.

Well, his just a kid after-all.

I chuckled and patted his head. "I'm just teasing you. She just look so familiar that I can't point out or remember where I saw her. And like you said, she also gave me this uneasy feeling. Diba?" I began to bad mouth Maria's back but not in a obvious statement.

I really hate Maria's Guts.

As i said, I'm not a good person. I'm just an average person who can also feel the emotion called 'jealousy'. I'm also a human being so it's natural that I will feel this way.

The jealousy that i feel towards her are that deep and of-course not because of her Aphrodite beauty. It's because of the genuine care and unconditional love she receives in the book.

How can a greedy person like her easily achieved and take all of those beauties and love? It is because she's beautiful? A flower can easily wither so as the beauty of a person.

What's makes her so special once again?

Because she's the protagonist, the main character.

I inwardly signed.

As me and Mikey continue to secretly throw some dirt on Maria's image, shared our honest sentiments and similar irks feelings towards Maria, our relationship improve a bit.